cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Engine Schematic

Irelandm
Explorer
Explorer
Well I had the dreaded squirrel chewing on wires in my 2003 Coachmen Santara.
Fortunately I got to them before major damage was done.

That being said they chewed through some vacuum lines and some kind of sensor on the top of the intake which i can only get to from the inside of the motor home by removing the center hub.
I dont know what the sensor does so is there anywhere I can find an engine schematic for this Ford E450 chasis so I can order the correct part?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

Irelandm
Explorer
Explorer
j-d wrote:
If you hear a "hooting" sound, like a distant ship's whistle, or a long low note on a saxophone, that's a failed IAC (Idle Air Compensation) Valve. Does it look like this
Does your last post combine two problems: A damaged Vacuum Hose AND a bad connector on the IAC? I ask because the IAC doesn't have a vacuum connection. Just Connector, Gasket, Two Capscrews.

You are correct. There are several parts to of the damage these critters created.
They chewed through 3 vacuum lines and the electrical connector for the IAC. The also chewed the plastic part of the end of the IAC which is why I have contemplated replacing the whole IAC. The IAC does not have many things to remove but its in a tight area so we'll see if the electrical connector fixes it and go from there.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
If you hear a "hooting" sound, like a distant ship's whistle, or a long low note on a saxophone, that's a failed IAC (Idle Air Compensation) Valve. Does it look like this
Does your last post combine two problems: A damaged Vacuum Hose AND a bad connector on the IAC? I ask because the IAC doesn't have a vacuum connection. Just Connector, Gasket, Two Capscrews.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Irelandm
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the responses.
In this case fortunately I had a friend who has a different model but basically the same year/chassis.

The component in question was the Idle air control valve which I might be able to get away with just replacing the connector and not the whole valve. The valve is only $60 but a pain to replace due to where its located.
The there were 3 vacuum lines which manifold into 3 separate components. They all tie into a 3 way manifold that goes to the intake where the vacuum is created.
1) Controls the heater blending
2) Controls the Fuel regulator
3) Not sure what it controls but I know where to connect the vacuum line on the other end so it does matter at this point.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Had a similar situation last year, but in our case it was rats. There are vacuum lines that run as you describe that control the heater vents to switch from defrost to floor vents. You may want to check if yours still work.

End of the day tried to find a schematic, (did find some online, but could not read them) with little success. Called around found a shop that seemed to be pretty familiar with the issue. Couple hundred bucks later, good to go.

As a side note, which you probably are aware of, the MH is 2003, but the chassis is going to be 2002

Good luck with it

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Underhood label only covers a few components. Since it might be an emissions part, it might be covered by that label.

OP, if you'll post a pic of the part in question, might help us tell what it is.
Also, I have a Haynes manual which is far from the best. If you send me a Private Message with your email ID, I'll scan what I can find and email you a .PDF of it.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked under the hood? Mfgs have placed a diagram there for years.

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
Local auto parts store or parts dept at the ford dealer will both have a schematic.