cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Funny Collie story

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I put in a new dishwasher. When getting ready to install I was on the floor looking under the unit to connect hoses, power, drain. Wasn't long before Cooper had his head under the dishwasher as well.
8 REPLIES 8

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Lee had a lesson in stay today; there was improvement.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
BCSnob wrote:
A strong desire to come help is why I ended up with Peg; the shepherd who sold her to me said she wouldnโ€™t stay put (would come close to help) when he was working on a sheep (shearing, trimming feet, etc). Her close presence had an undesirable effect on the sheep being held by the shepherd.

Took a lot of work but I was eventually able to get her to STAY when told. Now I need to train her grandson to STAY when told because he wants to come help.
I could see where that would be undesirable. Use to have a Collie (Strider) that would crawl under the car with me when I changed the oil. He kept far enough away to not get any oil on him.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Happytraveler wrote:
I can relate, It sounds like my Wheaten. Charlie was under the sink kissing the plumber one time. Lucky for me the plumber liked dogs, LOL.
So much better then having a aggressive dog.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, when I was just a little kid my parents raised Collies. My Dad built a fence behind the garage and sometimes kept Topper in there. One day a bare footed friend of my oldest brother was there and asked my brother if he could pet Topper. While petting Topper, and talking to my brother, Topper lifted up his leg and peed on his bare foot. I still laugh about it today and this happened about 65 years ago.
Trying to mark your brother's friend as his.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, when I was just a little kid my parents raised Collies. My Dad built a fence behind the garage and sometimes kept Topper in there. One day a bare footed friend of my oldest brother was there and asked my brother if he could pet Topper. While petting Topper, and talking to my brother, Topper lifted up his leg and peed on his bare foot. I still laugh about it today and this happened about 65 years ago.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I can relate, It sounds like my Wheaten. Charlie was under the sink kissing the plumber one time. Lucky for me the plumber liked dogs, LOL.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
A strong desire to come help is why I ended up with Peg; the shepherd who sold her to me said she wouldnโ€™t stay put (would come close to help) when he was working on a sheep (shearing, trimming feet, etc). Her close presence had an undesirable effect on the sheep being held by the shepherd.

Took a lot of work but I was eventually able to get her to STAY when told. Now I need to train her grandson to STAY when told because he wants to come help.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Ah yes, herding dogs. Gotta help you no matter WHAT you are doing.....LOL!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!