cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smart Arm Solera Awning Upgrades

pld33270
Explorer
Explorer
I took delivery on a 2018 KZ Connect travel trailer last fall. The unit came with a Solera Smart Arm system. After not truly figuring it out, I looked it up on line for the manual. I found the installation manual, operators manual, upgrades, etc. After reading thru the operator and the upgrade manual, I determined how to use the 3 intensity led light setting, lock feature, and roll in and out. The wind detector and the security light features did not work since the sensor devices had not been installed. I contacted Lippert and they would not sell me the sensors, nor would they give me the part numbers. They said I would have to go thru the dealer or manufacture for these upgrades. I let the issue rest, but kept it in the back of my mind for the winter. Well, I got to thinking about it again. I went to Lipperts website to start the search again. Wow! They must have gotten the point from customers. The security light motion detector and wind detector sensors are now available for $100 each. Installation is plug-and-play. Lippert Link I purchased the wind detector as an insurance policy. I went to Huntington Beach State Park, SC this past weekend. I left the awning out with the wind detector set to the most sensitive setting. When I cam back the camper a couple hours later, the awning was rolled up. So, it works! I did not get the motion detector for the security lights. I thought this may help those who have new RVs or those upgrading their awnings.
Camp with my lovely wife, Rat Terriers and Jack Chi
2022 Rockwood Minilite 2205S
2015 GMC Canyon, crew cab, long bed
2 Honda EU 2000i
Andersen WDH
2 REPLIES 2

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
There is a motion detector available on Amazon that replaces the exterior light but has a motion detector on it. It's not $100 (cheaper) so may be a better option than the one they have. Link Here.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Success stories work for me. ๐Ÿ™‚
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)