cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

electric slide lock

D_D_Wanderers
Explorer
Explorer
Have 08 Newmar Kountry Star with electric slide out locking arms.

When extending the bedroom slide, one lock arm released and the other just runs the motor but does not move. Took the inspection plates off. The shaft coming out of the gear box is not turning.

Newmar customer service says likely a broken pin in the drive. But will not say how to remove the unit from the wall for repair.

Would like to go straight to the company that supplies Newmar, maybe they could give advise.

Anybody had experience with this?
D & D
Cummins pushin Newmar
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
D&D Wonderers wrote:
With out any assistance from Newmar customer service, We managed to remove the lock motor. It was a broken gear case that allowed the gears to slip out of alignment. Just need to find a replacement. Slide runs in and out now but only locks on one end. Good till we get back home.

We are in Mexico so this had to be a DIY project. Real disappointed in Newmar for not even attempting to give help and insisting we take it to a dealer.

Just call your selling Dealer and get his people to walk you thru it. Doug

D_D_Wanderers
Explorer
Explorer
With out any assistance from Newmar customer service, We managed to remove the lock motor. It was a broken gear case that allowed the gears to slip out of alignment. Just need to find a replacement. Slide runs in and out now but only locks on one end. Good till we get back home.

We are in Mexico so this had to be a DIY project. Real disappointed in Newmar for not even attempting to give help and insisting we take it to a dealer.
D & D
Cummins pushin Newmar

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You have to remove all the exterior flange screws on the lock arm plate. I assume you meant the interior cabinet plastic cover that you removed to see the shaft screw drive. There is no external source to get the info you need. Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you do not see attachment points, then it is under the cover. If you are going to do it, then go for it. If not take it in.

The part might be made for Newmar then you can only buy from them. If not you are going to have to find a part number.

I have had my Newmar slide apart looking for a shear pin before. Some I have gotten form them others from other sources.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
It doesn't look like anyone has been able to help. I have a Monaco coach which also has electric slides. I think what they are talking about is a shear pin.IN other words, it is a pin designed to fail before damage is done to the gears.
On my coach the shear pin is not that hard to get to but I have no idea on your Newmar. Look for a pin in the gearbox that has failed. Sorry I can't help with specifics.