cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Age of RV for volunteer positions

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
I was perusing the Volunteer.gov sight for available opportunities in Oregon and saw a few descriptions limited the volunteers to RVS of 2002 and newer. They also added that a photo may be requested.
Have any of you been rejected because of the age of your RV?
I understand in time of homeless or near homeless people that they don't want an old dilapidated trailer representing their park.
We have a very well kept 1995 travel trailer. I would not lie about its age to get a volunteer position but I suppose a photo and question would be in order with the application.
What you say?
Jesseannie
8 REPLIES 8

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have posted links to both OPRD Volunteer Hosting applications below, both ask for information about the Host RV including year and size. I know we are currently in a 2005 Keystone Copper Canyon 32' 5th wheel, but it is well kept.
Part of Hosting is to keep your site neat and presentable. We are full time host and really enjoy the Oregon Coast in winter, even days like today with High wind warnings.

OPRD Host information sight.

Oregon New Host application

Returning Park Host application
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
Don't make a big deal out of a non issue. If your RV is pristine, just include a picture of it with your resume. Including pictures of yourself doesn't hurt either.

I was thinking the same thing. If we include our pictures they will realize that we are fine upstanding citizens.
I won't let it deter me from applying if the position seem right.
Thanks
Jesseannie

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Most likely an arbitrary rule they can use to keep old poorly kept RV outs. But also likely they have a lot of leeway to make exceptions. As stated, send a photo and inquire. If they really need help, they will likely accommodate you. Not unusual for an RV park to have an RV age rule.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Don't make a big deal out of a non issue. If your RV is pristine, just include a picture of it with your resume. Including pictures of yourself doesn't hurt either.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
You'll have to contact the person offering the position. Since you would represent the park to the public image is very important. Rec directors usually limit RV age to ten years because of this.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

Y-Guy
The only way you'll know is if you ask. From my experience at some of the parks in Oregon I'd say it shouldn't be an issue. I think during times of the year they are challenged to get enough volunteers. But the homeless issue in Oregon has become a big issue, so they may have had to clamp down a lot more now.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Considering the homeless issues, as you said , it seems reasonable, also, why not include any references you have from past volunteer positions?

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Guess they do not want junk cluttering their camp grounds.