cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleetwood Pulse Leveling System

chrismunk
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Fleetwood Pulse and I'd like some information on leveling systems. I'm a 55 year old female that travels with my dogs. It's hard for me to drive up on the leveling blocks I have. I'm concerned about the weight of installing a system, so I was wondering if there is an easier system I could use to level my RV by myself.

Thank You!
Chris
3 REPLIES 3

chrismunk
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much for the help! I have a place to start now and have a better idea of what to look for.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
You seem to want a mechanized/automated leveling system. That said, consider Bigfoot
By all means, find out the weight of the complete system you're considering. You might be able to find "shipping weight" but if you can, get the weight of each main component. The Four Jacks, and the Power Pack. Add say 10% for hoses, wiring, and such. Then see if you can live with that loss of carrying capacity in your coach.
I suggest Bigfoot because they have the best reputation among the levelers commonly discussed on this forum.
Now, as to "Lightweight Alumium." Yes, it's lighter than steel. BUT it takes more aluminum (diameter, thickness, cross section) of individual parts to provide the same strength as steel. I see this with tow bars. The "aluminum" ones are nice, and they're pretty, but the actual weight isn't that much different from "steel" ones. That's partly because of how much more aluminum is required for strength, but also because other considerations require many of the parts to still be steel. I'd be very surprised if the pump motor in an aluminum system isn't steel. Maybe the jack cylinders are aluminum, but the pistons are probably still steel.
Welcome and good luck!

EDIT: Bigfoot seems to have a promotion running on one of the three systems available for Sprinter MoHo's... Midrange system for less than the basic one.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know much about them, but there are aluminum leveling jacks available that are lighter, according to this video. I'm sure there are lightweight options for lighter weight motorhomes. At some point, I may be looking for some myself. Similar weight/OCCC issues with a Mercedes chassis class C.

HPC ?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)