cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cleaning the outside

tthunderdan
Explorer
Explorer
I just aquired a 1990 T170 Star Ray. My question is whats the best way to clean green stains off of the outside. It was sitting amongst the trees and it's pretty nasty. Is there a good 'homemade solution" to use?
My first camper.
Dan
15 REPLIES 15

tthunderdan
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up some of the LA AWESOME stuff at the dollar store. Now all I need is some warmer temps...western PA.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Wild Card wrote:
beemerphile1 wrote:
Water, LA's Totally Awesome, and chlorine bleach.

Chlorine is corrosive

OP said it has green on it because it was sitting among trees. The green is mold and bleach kills mold.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

westend
Explorer
Explorer
By now, the paint on the aluminum is oxidized. If you want to "freshen" it up, use Jasco Prepaint Conditioner, applied from a garden sprayer. Apply the solution, brush with soft bristle brush, spray again, and immediately rinse. I use this on everything from RV's to pressurized gas tanks/cooling arrays, anything oxidized that needs cleaning.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

tthunderdan
Explorer
Explorer
Thank younz' for all the replies!

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I use totally awesome it is cheap at Dollar General, buy the spray bottle and also get a gallon jug to refill the spray bottle, I think the spray bottle is about $2.00 and the gallon jug is less than $4.00. works good for me especially to get the black streaks off.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Dawn dish washing soap does a great jog on the green mold. I've used it many times on outdoor furniture and aluminum awnings.
We get way too much experience with this sort of thing here in W. Wa.!

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome cleaner from the dollar store. Mix it with water in a 5 gallon bucket,spray on straight on stubborn stains. Will clean almost anything and it is cheap.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting since?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
Reliable RV Cleaner works like magic on black streaks. Can't imagine it wouldn't work on green goo.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:

Chlorine is corrosive
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I've found Simple Green works great! I use it on the black streaks and it takes them right off.

tthunderdan
Explorer
Explorer
It is aluminum.

Dan

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
WHAT IS IT? fiberglass, aluminum, etc.?
bumpy