cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Up Issues

leatchley
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 1994 Dutchman Pop Up. When setting up the back bed, there are two black legs on the bottom of the camper that I’m supposed to let down - sort of like jacks. But I can’t seem to get them to go down. I’ve tried pushing them back then down, but nothing works. Any help?
3 REPLIES 3

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
What you are talking about are called stabilizers, they are used to stabilize the camper, I also use 12"X12" 3/4" plywood boards under them to prevent the stabilizers from sinking into the ground. Level the unit first then let the stab down until firm, they are not for lifting the unit only for stabilizing. a lot are let down with a long wrench as a jack. Some folks also use an electric drill (battery) with a 3/4 socket attached.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had some of those. Do as described above. Do have a suggestion. First level the pup. Then lower the front just a little. Drop the stabilizers to the ground tight as you can. Then raise the front back up. Doing that will seat the stabilizers, and prevent the pup from rocking.

Hint. Once you swing them down. Push the foot, and it will click down. Make sure it catches in one of the ratchet slots.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 1995 Coleman that had Friction type Stabilizers, and would grab them, push them in (forward) toward the center of the camper to release and drop them down.....that is, if you are talking about the Jacks on the body of the camper, not bed supports
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"