cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Will I be disbarred?

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Well we did it. Just ordered a new fifth wheel NON TOY HAULER!

With the kids all getting their own rigs (two of my three sons have RV's) and us wanting more comforts and room (slides). We opted for a conventional fifth wheel. It has a rack on the back good for 300# so I'll modify that to haul my dual sport/race bike and with a generator in the truck bed we'll still be able to dry camp in the desert as usual. So technically I guess you could call it a toy hauler since I'll be hauling my toy!

Have a few weeks (they're saying 12 week build!). Will be putting ours up for sale after a camping trip later in the month.

Hope y'all don't ostracize me!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX
14 REPLIES 14

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I found Curt makes a "universal" receiver that bolts on the rear of a trailer frame with 350# tongue weight rating, perfect for my 280# dual sport on a rack. Now just have to figure out the rear camera deal so I can keep an eye on it while traveling. The new trailer is camera ready but not sure what exactly that means. Looking at the wireless and wired cameras, would be nice to find one that uses a smart phone app and not a dedicated screen.

The DW and I worked on the Rage'n all weekend cleaning and emptying it; unbelievable how much stuff we had in that trailer. Hope we can not put it all back in the new one.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new Rig.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
not disbarred ๐Ÿ™‚

we are thinking non-toyhauler as our final full time rig. I can easily carry kayaks and golf cart etc in other ways, when we go full time MY floorplan is way more important then how we carry the few toys we need.

Hope you love it!!! post pics of it etc so we can see ๐Ÿ™‚

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
We use our 28 ATC front bedroom as a travel trailer. Garage is a living room. Every now and then I get a question like what kind of bike you got in the back? Its always a disappointed curious response. I just say its built like all RVs should be.

Bedlam
I went from a Scamp clam shell camper to a Coleman pop-up tent camper to a Weekend Warrior toy hauler to Arctic Fox and Host truck campers. If you you haven't been in a new truck camper, you may be surprised. Ours has a dry bath, fireplace, couch, three TV's 8'x4' basement and three slides. It's a heavy camper weighing in at 3-tons when loaded which is why it sits on class 5 truck. My trucks have ranged from a diesel Mazda to a gasser Mazda to a diesel Ford and now a diesel Ram - I'm hoping I now have enough truck to last me until I no longer need a truck.

What hasn't changed over the years is that we still like to bring toys regardless of the RV we have owned...

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
That is what made us sell our toy hauler: We didn't always need the garage with us yet when we did, it needed to be big. We chose a truck camper pulling an enclosed trailer so that we could still pull a large load without going to a large motor home. My length is cut in half when I don't take the garage along.

Been down the TC road before too.
Our RV history:
borrowed Mom and Dad's 8' Dolphin on 1970 Chevy C20 (spent our honeymoon in this)
Rented a friends motorhome
Apache hard sided pop up behind the station wagon
10' Dolphin TC on Super Cab Ford (rear blow outs, cracked rim from weight)
24' Wanderer TH towed by 1500 Silverado (not enough truck, lost two trans.)
30' Rage'n behind Two different Duramax 2500 HD
30' Wildcat Maxx on the way behind 2500 Duramax
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Bedlam
That is what made us sell our toy hauler: We didn't always need the garage with us yet when we did, it needed to be big. We chose a truck camper pulling an enclosed trailer so that we could still pull a large load without going to a large motor home. My length is cut in half when I don't take the garage along.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I sometimes wish we had a non-hauler rig, because then we could go shorter and get into more campsites. We only take our RZR about half the time, so the garage is usually just a really big dog room ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Wildcat Maxx RKX285

about the same length (brochure says 32-1 but rear of box to pin is right at 30'

Will miss builtin generator but plan is to use the Champion with wireless remote we bought a couple of years ago.

Dave, Dennis Dillon RV in Westminster, not too bad, my office is about 30 miles north.

I hope the 12 weeks is close, not having an RV will be very weird, the lead time came from the factory rep. while we were on speaker phone in salesman's office.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
We have a pretty good crowd here hopefully they won't bully you much!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Y-Guy
dedmiston wrote:
It took us 20 months to finally conclude our 1-year warranty period.

That must be the new math I keep hearing about ๐Ÿ˜‰

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

dedmiston
Your membership fees will go up, but we won't kick you out.

Can you share a link to the floor plan or photos?

You and your wife are going to love having a newer RV.

Where did you buy it? Is the dealer local? Our biggest surprise when we bought a more modern RV was how many trips we had to make to the dealer for warranty repairs. It took us 20 months to finally conclude our 1-year warranty period.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Y-Guy
nayther wrote:
Hope y'all don't ostracize me!

Congrats on the new RV. You defiantly won't be disbarred, ostracize or stripped of our Toy Hauler Membership. Heck I'm still here!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
nice outfit but don,t hold your breath on a 12 week delivery. have fun.