cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Re: over the cab Entertainment center for Class C Motorhome

mel2016
Explorer
Explorer
looking for a good used over the cab Entertainment center for Class C Motorhome does anyone have ant suggestions or where i can find one?
12 REPLIES 12

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt you can find one that would just slide in. More often than not they are made in sections, that are assembled inside the MH. Depending on what MH you have, it might not have been offered with an entertainment center as an option. I don't believe my current MH had an entertainment center as an option.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

mel2016
Explorer
Explorer
Im Looking for a cabinet already built and ready to slid in if anyone has one.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
legolas wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
I talked to a fella at a campground that had a winnie Class C and wanted the ent.ctr. as I was stopping by the winnie plant, I picked up the plans showing parts, etc. needed.
you don't say what Class C you are modifying however.
bumpy
Bumpy, do I understand yoy that you can get the parts to put one together from Winnebago? I just bought a 2017 31KP and would love to convert the sleeping loft.

yes, or at least it was possible when I checked for the fella, many years back.
bumpy

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
You can have the best of both worlds. On my 2017 Greyhawk, it has the overhead bunk, but the TV lies flat against the right side of the bunk. Press a button and it electrically swings out for viewing if your at the couch. I really like the setup.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours has one but it is not much use for watching TV IMO. Back of the cab, we have the ? usual? dinette on one side and the two comfy chairs on the other side.

You can watch the TV up there ok from the comfy swivel chair farther back, but not from the comfy chair behind the passenger seat. (Not too comfy sitting at the table for very long in ours, so that's out.)

We have the TV loose and sit it on the dinette table across from the two chairs for perfect viewing. When not being watched, the 32" TV is stashed on the floor between the cab passenger chair and the front comfy chair.

The over the cab area is still where the music and DVD/VCR (we still have that) go and has lots of cupboard space.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
I talked to a fella at a campground that had a winnie Class C and wanted the ent.ctr. as I was stopping by the winnie plant, I picked up the plans showing parts, etc. needed.
bumpy
Bumpy, do I understand yoy that you can get the parts to put one together from Winnebago? I just bought a 2017 31KP and would love to convert the sleeping loft.

ronfisherman
mel2016 wrote:
can u find out for me

Sent him a email.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

mel2016
Explorer
Explorer
can u find out for me

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy

ronfisherman
Friend of mine took one like the picture below. From Gulf Stream Super C. I can check if he still has it. If you are interested.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
My brother-in-law in the Chicago northwest suburbs is a finish carpenter/cabinet maker by trade. He did a great job on my brother's Starflyte. He reconfigured the over-cab area from a old CRT TV to a flat panel TV that hinges to access the massive storage behind it. It got quite involved but it turned out beautiful, and it looks like it was that way from day #1....not a mismatched after-thought.

I would seek a local finish carpenter/cabinet maker in your area, maybe someone advertising their services on Craigslist. A skilled carpenter can do wonders for just what you seek.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine came with one from the factory, but maybe you can find one in an RV junk yard, or have someone build you one, the new flat screen TV's are relatively cheap. Just know that IF there is one in a junkyard, the tv probably isn't in very good shape. Most of it is the woodwork, this is mine.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund