cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Trailer Furnace

sparkylola
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Avenger 21 footer and this morning as I was getting ready for work my heater automatically turned on, even thought the switch was on the off position, I had my Mr Buddy heater going because I don't like using my propane from my travel trailer so I just use my Mr buddy instead. Can anyone tell me why it turned on automatically? It finally shut off but now I'm afraid while I'm at work will it do it again. Thanks for any advice.
4 REPLIES 4

sparkylola
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, appreciate your feedback!

Dave5143
Explorer
Explorer
'tiredTeacher wrote:
sparkylola wrote:
... my heater automatically turned on, even thought the switch was on the off position....

I'm not sure about your thermostat, but I had one that had a detent you had to pass before it was really off. Some of these OEM 'stats have the on/off/auto so close together that I've had to put the selector all the way to one side and count the detents as I move the lever to be sure off is off.

Most thermostats with those slide switches usually have two of them. One selects the mode (off/heat/cool), the other switch (on/off/auto) is for the fan.
Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel

_tiredTeacher
Explorer
Explorer
sparkylola wrote:
... my heater automatically turned on, even thought the switch was on the off position....

I'm not sure about your thermostat, but I had one that had a detent you had to pass before it was really off. Some of these OEM 'stats have the on/off/auto so close together that I've had to put the selector all the way to one side and count the detents as I move the lever to be sure off is off.
Wright and Penny
2010 Tundra 4X4
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same issue, ended up replacing the thermostat. If you can run your fridge off of electric just turn off the propane at the tank or you can pull the fuse for the furnace.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado