cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much can I expect to save on a new last years model?

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of holding out on buying my New TT & pretty much set on a 2018 Pioneer RL 250.

My Local Camping World is asking 19,999 & I've so far got them to drop the price $1,000.00 being I found one across the country for $2,000.00 less & told them I don't mind traveling across the country to save $2,000.00 being that would pay for my cross country camping trip.

So they met me 1/2 way & dropped it by $1,000.00.

What if I wait till next Sept or when ever the new 2019 models come out?

Typically how much do they drop the price?

Like I said, I don't mind a road trip to save even more money & enjoy camping?

I'm looking to fill my camping across America map anyways & I'd get to fill a lot of it that way.

Anyone know of the best way to find a best deal at Camping worlds across the country?
1997 Dodge 4x4, 5 spd manual trans & HotRod 5.9 cummins.
With '85 Lance.
43 REPLIES 43

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
jerseyjim wrote:
I suggest you NOT buy the RV at Camping World. Their prices may be competitive, but their after sale service reputation is dismal.

Buy your supplies at CW, but buy your camper at a RV dealer.

My experience and opinion.

Our little local RV shop and dealer has better prices on accessories and supplies than Camping World. I avoid Camping World at all times.
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
First off, too many 9's in your price. The RV MSRP is very lucrative. Nothing like the system with new cars and their invoice prices...which isn't correct. Beyond all that, 40% off. We purchased an end of year 2003 Jayco in Oct. 2004 for $18.2K. It's MSRP was $31K+. In our favor...the 2004's were arriving, the TT was heavy, large and had a narrow purchasers market.
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot

Tothill
Explorer
Explorer
Not a camper purchase, but when I bought my last suv, I negotiated via text for about 3 weeks with the sales guy. The asking price was $27,000+, I said I would pay $23,000 all in (taxes and anything else they thought they could get away with.) After three weeks of negotiation the sales guy texted me $23,100 all in and I said sold.

By being firm on the price I was willing to pay and walking away, I got the deal I wanted. If I had not bargained for an all in price, I would have been over $30,000 by the time all the 'extras' were added.

I find that few people are willing to give an "all in" price they are willing to pay. I was told by several people who buy and sell vehicles all the time that the dealership would not go for it, but in the end they did. Yes, I risked not getting that suv, but there are lots around, I would have found another one.

I was lucky too that I had neither a trade, nor did I need financing, so those were not negotiating points for the dealer.

Next summer I plan to buy a small tt. I will try the same tactic.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Blanco1 wrote:
lbrjet wrote:
2019 models will be out next month.

What company?

Outdoors RV MFG
Northwood MFG
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Blanco1 wrote:
For those of you Bashing CW, I'll say this, For free they are bringing me a 32.8 foot Coleman trailer today to see if we can fit it into my place before I buy!
I'm still thinking the slightly smaller Pioneer RL250 but now I will know for sure if it will fit.

have you already negotiated the price? the salesman is extra hungry.
bumpy

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you Bashing CW, I'll say this, For free they are bringing me a 32.8 foot Coleman trailer today to see if we can fit it into my place before I buy!
I'm still thinking the slightly smaller Pioneer RL250 but now I will know for sure if it will fit.
With '85 Lance.

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
lbrjet wrote:

What company?
With '85 Lance.

Takamine
Explorer
Explorer
We bought from a local dealer about 20 miles from where the trailer was made. They gave us a great price and the only additional charge was $100 for doc fees. No shipping, no PDI, no etc...
2016 Springdale 2600TB
2012 Ford F-150

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
My first comment when we talk price is "I am talking price out the door, any fees, taxes and other charges are included. If not they come out of your companies pockets". When they give me a number I repeat the above. I never buy on the first trip.

No matter what price you get, the dealer makes money. They are not in business to lose money.

Good luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I still don't think a 25 TT is going to go around that 90 degree corner to get it in your yard.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

MikeJulieGDImag
Explorer
Explorer
Blanco1 wrote:
drsteve wrote:
Blanco1 wrote:
midnightsadie wrote:
your a senior member ,so you read all the stories on here I assume. and you,d still buy from CW??

Well no, I have never considered buying new before this, so I’ve never read RV dealer reviews?

Not even sure where I’d look that up.

People complain about CW all the time on here. Not just in the Camping World subforums either. Surprised you haven't noticed.

Nope never noticed, I’ll look around, to learn about that before I commit, but being at this point the wife & I really like the Pioneer RL 250, if that’s what we want, we’re stuck with CW.

Almost all manufacturers have their version of all the different floorplans available. If it's the floorplan you like and you want to avoid CW, then keep looking and chances are you'll find the same floor plan under a different brand that another dealer carries.

Regarding CW, the brand of trailer my family has is Grand Design. They have one of the best reputations in the industry for after the sale customer support from the manufacturer. They have told me that we can have anyone do warranty work except for CW. They will not deal with them at all. To me that is pretty telling for the reputation of CW. Good Luck on your search.

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
You may find a great price on a previous year's model and get all jacked up but be aware that after a year or so *if* you decide to sell it for any reason, it will be a year older than for the period what you actually used it for. So say a year later you decide to sell it, it will be a 2 year old TT and the market price will be for a 2 year old TT and you can lose thousands of $$. If you are certain this is a keeper, then not a concern and in the long run won't matter.

Happened to us when we decided our 1st TT was too small after one season and the dealer where we wanted to buy our 2nd TT simply looked up the Blue Book value and offered us peanuts for a trade-in.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
yep, I've had car salesmen follow me outside and try to chase me down as I was leaving.
but it all comes down to the bottom line, I don't care how they divvy up the numbers. my favorite comment to a sales person is " Is this your first day on the job?" 🙂
bumpy