cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Free standing chairs?

dufferdj
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to be moving to a class A and are wondering whether you prefer a table and chairs or the traditional booth? Those with free standing chairs, what do you do with those chairs while the coach is traveling? How to you keep them from moving around? Thanks for your input.
25 REPLIES 25

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

jeeperdude10
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the table and chairs. Actually makes it seem have more floor space-opens up the floor plan I think.
2016 Bounder 35K
2014 Freedom Edition JEEP Unlimited
Traveling thru this great country

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
The two regular chairs stay under the table. Extra chairs fold up and are stored in the bedroom closet along with the table extension....Dennis

X2, except that our two extras, fold and store behind the free standing chairs and the table extension has a place between the side counter and the couch. Rear bath closet is full and naturally like every other crevice...:R
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
... and yet another who loved the table/chairs which never moved in travel. When having visitors we could move the chairs around the living area for good seating. Booths are very uncomfortable.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

cvbdsl
Explorer
Explorer
I've had both but now will only have table and chairs.
I find that with a lot of booths they have a hard edge on the side to hold the cushion in and, if you're sitting sort of sideways, talking to someone behind you it soon cuts off circulation in your leg. That said, some booths do have soft sides (larger cushions)and the ridge is further down.

Being able to move the chairs when there is extra company is a bonus as well.

Chris
2008 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42 PDQ
2018 Ford Edge SEL- Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar/Blue Ox Base plate/Patriot Brake System
Retired Canadian Army WO (1971-2000)

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
Gotta agree with the majority on this one. We've had both and prefer the table/chairs and they don't move around.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

WAFlowers
Explorer
Explorer
We've had both and prefer table and chairs by far! Our 2 spare chairs fold down and are under the bed. In over 20,000 miles of travel (5th wheel with table and chairs and now Class A) we never had a chair move despite some horrible roads, slamming on the brakes to avoid idiots, etc.
Bill and Willemina Flowers
George, Sammy and Teddy (the dogpack)
2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2005 Keystone Monata 3400rl (5/21/11 to 9/9/17)
(Was in a 2000 Coachmen Catalina Sport 220RK)

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
We've had both. Booth in our gasser and table and chairs now in our DP. We found that we prefer the table and chairs. Table can be move around if needed.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

hoosiermark
Explorer
Explorer
Only had a class a for a short while with a booth but I keep thinking about flying projectiles. Won't loose chairs becoming flying objects in an accident? Best analogy I can think of is seat belts are only needed when you are in an accident, otherwise they are a pain.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
we keep our xtra two chairs at home. there's just the two of us and even with the table extention there's no real room for 4-chairs at the table. but then our dinette couldn't handle much more than 2-adults and 2-very small kids.

Same as above. We prefer table and two chairs and tie the two chairs
to the table legs
samsontdog:o:W

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Not a MH, but definitely had experience with both a booth and free standing.

Prefer the free standing much, much more. Chairs never moved. Although there were hooks in the floor to strap them down if we wanted.

Eventually we removed the table and chairs completely and replace it with a couch. Couldn't do that with a built in booth.

Free standing furniture give you so many more options. Booths are very restrictive. If you get a bit "chunky" around the middle, you will find the bench at the table cannot be moved. When your belly hits the table, it becomes extremely uncomfortable. Chairs can be moved around to suit each person's comfort distance from the table.

The one real advantage of a booth over a table is the ability to turn it into a bed. If you have no need for the extra bed space, by far, the free standing furniture is much more convenient. Being able to move things around, even take them outside, is marvelous!

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on how big your belly is. :E
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I have no preference but the wife likes to stretch out on the booth with her morning coffee. Booth it is for our next rig.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
garyemunson wrote:
Our Winnebago has chairs. I like them. My wife hates them and prefers booth. Guess we'll be getting a new MH soon....

Our Winnebago has a booth. My wife likes it and I prefer the table and chairs. I guess we won't be getting another one anytime soon.