Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Nice looking trailer!

Kevinwa
Explorer
Explorer
sneakygroundbuzzard wrote:
Kevinwa wrote:
Looks great. You mentioned add ins, anything cool to tell us about?

thank you

no nothing really cool

it wasnt equipped with a spare tire and mount nor a roof access ladder.so while negotiating i had them throw that stuff in or i wouldnt buy it.

they himmed and hawed about it,and i told them you wouldnt buy a car without spare tire would you. them i said how am i supposed to get on the roof to do maintainance with out a ladder.

i had done my research and found that the dealership i bought from always orders without these items from the factory so that they can " sell " them to the buyer. well i wasnt going to fall for that bunch of bull phooey. after i told them i wanted them for free or i would walk they agreed to throw them in.they ordered the ladder right from forest river and the spare tire and carrier was just one from their parts dept.

the day we picked up i also bought a pair of yamaha 2000 watt generators from them,but negotiated the price down from the $899 each that they wanted to $750 plus they had to throw the prep of the gens in for free.

when i was price shopping for the trailer,i checked NADA and found that the price they were asking(year old new model" was at the low end for this model in my part of the country.

so i feel i got a fair deal on it all

Very exciting. I remember getting our first TT a few years back. Man vacationing has changed and we are loving it.

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
Kevinwa wrote:

thank you

no nothing really cool

it wasnt equipped with a spare tire and mount nor a roof access ladder.so while negotiating i had them throw that stuff in or i wouldnt buy it.

they himmed and hawed about it,and i told them you wouldnt buy a car without spare tire would you. them i said how am i supposed to get on the roof to do maintainance with out a ladder.

i had done my research and found that the dealership i bought from always orders without these items from the factory so that they can " sell " them to the buyer. well i wasnt going to fall for that bunch of bull phooey. after i told them i wanted them for free or i would walk they agreed to throw them in.they ordered the ladder right from forest river and the spare tire and carrier was just one from their parts dept.

the day we picked up i also bought a pair of yamaha 2000 watt generators from them,but negotiated the price down from the $899 each that they wanted to $750 plus they had to throw the prep of the gens in for free.

when i was price shopping for the trailer,i checked NADA and found that the price they were asking(year old new model" was at the low end for this model in my part of the country.

so i feel i got a fair deal on it all

Kevinwa
Explorer
Explorer

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
mat60 wrote:
I'm wondering if you got any sleep last night. I no when I picked up my new TT I was up late allot.

ya i slept well the night before we picked up(last wedensday)
we got a call on tuesday saying it was all prepped and had the add ons i requested installed.
i found out late tuesday night i had wednesday off from work,so i called them first thing in the a.m. and made arrangements to pick it up and do the walk thru

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I'm wondering if you got any sleep last night. I no when I picked up my new TT I was up late allot.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Looks nice! I really like the table and chairs, rather than a dinette. Too bad that's not your storage facility, that would be really cool! Enjoy!

thank you.
i too really like the table and chairs over a booth dinette.

ya i wish i had storage like that

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks nice! I really like the table and chairs, rather than a dinette. Too bad that's not your storage facility, that would be really cool! Enjoy!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Atlee wrote:
Nice, really nice. You've gone from the outhouse (sleeping on the ground in a tent) to the penthouse.

You also went from simple to complex so keep an open mind when issues arise. They may and they may not but considering the track record of RV's today, issues will probably occur.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
Atlee wrote:
Nice, really nice. You've gone from the outhouse (sleeping on the ground in a tent) to the penthouse.

thank you very much,its going to be a huge upgrade from our tent.
its nicer than our house is lol

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
sgfrye wrote:
I think you will love it. That is the EXACT same floor plan as our 33 wildwood we bought last summer. Just wife and I plus 4 small dogs. We love the floor plan. We took out the recliner close to the door and put in a 36 inch wide 24 inc tall 12 inch deep inch wide cubby hole shelf. We put shoes and thins in it and use top for catch all shelf. Keys and phone charging station. Doing that opened up the feel of the room also.

thank you. it will just be the wife and i and our boxer dog.
we will see how we like it before doing any mods,but i like your idea.

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Nice! I think your DW will enjoy the slight improvement in comfort from tent camping.
That's awesome storage for your rig.
Enjoy your travels.

when we were looking,she fell in love with this one,especially the kitchen area.

we arent spring chickens any more,and every year the ground seems like its getting harder and colder.so this is going to be a major improvement.

i wish this was my storage for the camper,these pics were taken in the dealerships prep building

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
I think you will love it. That is the EXACT same floor plan as our 33 wildwood we bought last summer. Just wife and I plus 4 small dogs. We love the floor plan. We took out the recliner close to the door and put in a 36 inch wide 24 inc tall 12 inch deep inch wide cubby hole shelf. We put shoes and thins in it and use top for catch all shelf. Keys and phone charging station. Doing that opened up the feel of the room also.