cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing Capabilities

Laureston
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyine know if any Pleasureway Class B vans have trailer brakes as an option?
4 REPLIES 4

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
...I don't know of any class B vans that come with more than a factory installed hitch receiver and a 4 pin connector, ...
You will when you get yours, it is a 7 pin connector :W.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

studio_driver
Explorer
Explorer
If you mean brake controller that is certainly feasible. When we ordered our PW Excel in 07 we asked for a trailer hitch so that we could attach our bike rack. To our surprise it was delivered with the trailer hitch, but also electrical connections and a Hayes Brake Controller (Syncronizer P/N 81725) installed under the steering column. It is meant to manually control electric brakes on a trailer if so equipped. We never used it since we never towed, just used the bike rack.
Hope this helps.
Alain
2007 PW Excel TS
2 adults

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what you mean, trailer brakes as an option?
If you mean, can you order a trailer brake controller to be installed at the factory, I doubt it, but if you want to know for sure, you could contact Pleasureway directly, or one of their dealers, and ask. I don't know of any class B vans that come with more than a factory installed hitch receiver and a 4 pin connector, but that may have changed. I think many people use the hitch receiver to add a bike rack, rather than to actually tow something. Maybe some do.
Whether or not one can be added afterwards is probably model dependent. A dealer service department should be able to install one for you.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why would a B need trailer brakes? Do you mean a factory brake controller?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad