Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pemex Gasolineras Abandoning Ship

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Things, they are a changing...rapidly.

Not too long ago the sight of a different gasolinera was enough to turn a head. Now the influx has turned into a flood. Hard to drive a mile in a city and not see one or two different brands. BP, ARCO, CHEVRON, ECO, it's not just new construction -- I spotted three Pemex gasolineras that are changing stripes.

Will the new stations continue to offer "Litros Completos"? I sure hope so -- around here 17.65 per liter is common -- premium is way up into the nineteens. And prices seem to float upward at a whim -- never down. Gladly it's only a few centavos. Diesel seems to stay around 18.25 a litro. Today's bank ATM exchange rate was 18.72 = $3.57 per gallon USDollar.

The price of gasoline has surged buy almost two pesos per liter since August 2017.
5 REPLIES 5

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A Mexican grade chiste...

"The gasolineras (Pemex) with the lowest liter price is the gasolinera that cheats the worst on litros incompletos.

Gasolinera Pemex Rudametkin. Station is federally blacklisted. I see taxis and transitos (traffic cops) filling up at one particular dispenser closest to the buiding

Twice I have stopped in and asked to use that Magna dispenser and no other. Twice I have been refused. Sooooooo.....

A month ago I asked for 100 pesos at another pump. The man insisted on hand squeezing the amount in. Absurd because of the exactness of the auto fill electronics.

I asked him if I looked like I was stupid. Told him to stop at eighty pesos. My fuel gauge barely moved -- like 1/32" inch. 16-gallon tank.

I felt like screwing with someone that morning -- was worth the 80 pesos. I paid with 5-peso coins. The advertised price is lower than any other station in the city.

And Rudametkin lives in a mansion on the side of a hill. An arrogant thief, owner of eight gasolineras, and a pipa tanker distribution company. I spread the word far and wide and I hope the newer station drives bums like him out of business.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Gas stations now may choose to be independent or franchise
The price would be even higher except that US oil companies have been shipping a lot of gasoline down to Mexico.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Talleyho69
Magna yesterday in Zihuatanejo, where all we have is Pemex so far, was 17.8.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’ll stay north of the border too, flip.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Gasolinera. New word for me. Learn something new every day.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE