cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

towing assistance needed

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Thought some of you would appreciate this. Makes some of the dumb things I have done seem pretty mild.

Don't know the story. I'm still trying to figure out what happened. My GF was returning from town and came up on this and took the photo. I asked where the trailer was. She said she did not see one. There is a police car, which you can hardly see, behind the boat.

Not a good towing day for sure.
13 REPLIES 13

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
Had an associate (his name is Ed, we called him Wilbur after Mr. Ed) a while back recovering his bass boat from the ramp on same river. He drove the boat up onto his trailer, got out, jumped in his truck, pulled up the ramp and dropped his boat smack dab onto the concrete. Never hooked up the bow winch.

On another occasion further north on Rt 13 I noticed a tow truck pulling his winch cable out toward the ramp when I saw a boat floating with the bow line still attached to the trailer. The trailer was out of site and so was 80% of the truck launching the boat. All that was showing was the driver's window and hood. I doubt he caught many fish that day.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I almost hit a Carolina Skiff sitting in the road once. It was sitting on the US 50 bridge over the Nanticoke River eastbound. No sign of a trailer, a truck, or the drunk that it belonged to.
This one is a classic however.
Puma 30RKSS

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Hey, we dropped our skier!!!"

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
"Can you hear me NOW!"

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
A few years back we saw a boat on the side of I-90 in Syracuse, NY. Yup, he lost it & made the local news.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heโ€™s just making his own Geico ad.
https://youtu.be/CH9yvMGeHfo

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
Just can't resist bass fishing a roadbed!

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
a rapidly falling tide?

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
Ever tried Liquid Roller? Maybe it's his wife on the phone, calling to see if he has any idea where the pontoon boat is.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
I used to own a pontoon boat. It is very difficult to get one to slide off the trailer while transporting it, which is apparently what happened here. Even with minimal (or no) tie downs, these things usually just sit on the trailer with no drama.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would have picked a safer place to stand while making that call!! He may have been riding in the pontoon boat, and is calling his wife, who is still driving, towing empty trailer, listening to favorite tunes.

Jerry

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if he is calling BoatU.S. for a tow?

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I can hear the guy on the boat, "You're not going to believe this."

My guess would be tie downs (or lack of) and possibly an alcohol related incident.. ๐Ÿ™‚