cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Things I don't need - Camping World Flier

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Received the "Camping World Spring Break Sale" flier in the mail a couple days ago and spent a few minutes looking through it. I'm actually pretty amazed at all thing things I already have, or at least a version of the things advertised in the flier. Kind of a downer realizing I really don't need or want anything. Everything in my camper is working well, everything is comfortable, and the green-eye-of envy to buy something... well ... it just isn't there.

Cover page: Spring Break Sale. Girl running at the beach with Mom and Dad in the back ground and travel trailer behind that. Well, this year we're not going to Florida or South Carolina the 2nd week of March for our wedding anniversary. Doing something completely different on our anniversary this year. So .. cover page -- Nada!

Page 2: Camping World membership. OK, OK, I'm due to renue mine. Next time I go into a Camping World store I'll do that. It's much easier and quicker doing it in the store than on-line or via mail. Beside, I use the discounts then, not now.

Page 2a and 2b. Already have one of the small adjustable single steps. Already have a hand rail on my camper. Already have a clothsline that attaches to the rear of my camper. (bumper version)

Page 3 and 4: Already have RV cleaners, already have an electric tongue jack, already have comfy camping chairs.

Page 5: Already have a step ladder I use, alrday have a short step ladder I always bring along.

Page 6: Awning Shade. Actually, in in the process of making one myself. Awning flappers- I have 4 of them from my previous camper in a drawer. Haven't used them in almost 5 years now.

Page 5-6, yard mats... got 2 of them. Power awning, already have that. New awning put on last Fall. Minature camper key chain hooks... got 2 of them (similar).

Page 7-9, patio mats. Already have 2 of them.

Page 8, Toad towing accessories (I have a travel trailer, don't need any of these things.

Page 10, fifth wheel hitches and goose neck adaptors. I have a travel trailer, don't need these.

Page 11, Weight Distribution systems. I already have a 4 point Equal-i-zer.

Page 12, Stabilizer Jacks, tongue jack foot pad, blocks, levels, already have all that. I will not ever get a slide out support.

Insert between page 13 and 14: I got a new battery last Fall, and my roof is just fine. No need for a repaint with EPDM

Page 13, ProCare RV maintenance, 10% off. Not Thanks.

Page 14, Tire pressure monitoring system (well, I don't have this)... Tires, Tire step, and a ScanGuage mount for diesel pusher motor homes. Well, I'm a long way from that.

Page 15, shocks. Nope.

Page 16, 17 and the insert between, Furniture and pillows. Nope, Don't need any of that.

Page 18, 19. Dish Satillite systems. Nope, Gave up Dish and DirectTV a few years ago. Won't be going back there again.

Page 20 and insert, Generators. Already got one.

Page 20 insert (other side), Surge protectors. I'm covered there too.

Page 21: Solar panels and vent covers. No intention of ever adding solar and already have all my vents covered.

Page 22: Propane tanks (I'm good), dog fence (have 2 of them already), bicycles (got them too).

Page 23: Outdoor BBQ. Gave up the gas and charcoal BBQ's a few years ago. Do everything with electric griddles now.

Page 24: Good Sam Insurance. If I switched, my current insurance agent would probably cry.

Page 25. Trash cans, dishes, dish strainers, lights, and spice racks. All covered. Don't need any of that stuff.

page 26. Good Same Visa Card offer. Sorry... we absolutely do not do credit cards any more. Quit that 20 years ago and saved a BUNCH of interest! No cash-back offer ever paid for the interest paid on a credit card! No way! Never again will I get sucked into a credit card.

Insert between page 26 and 27: Refrigerator, electric cooler, microwave, air conditioner, and toilets. All covered there!

Page 27, Refrigerator, washer drier, hand held shower head. All good. No room in my TT for a washer and drier, refrigerator works just fine, and very happy with my shower head.

Ahh... here we go... Page 28 - 29... New Travel Trailers. But sorry Camping World, I'm perfectly happy with my current one. Nice pictures though. I do enjoy looking at the new ones. But its really hard to beat the one I have right now.

Page 30, 31, RV accessories. No need for a cover, propane tank cover, or wheel covers. (already have what I need there). Hoses, filters, and even a new water pump, all last fall (new).

And the last page, Good Sam Travel Guide for Members $6.95. Well, this may be the only thing I'll consider since I don't have one!

Do I have too much stuff in my camper?
24 REPLIES 24

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
John&Joey wrote:
NCC-1701 wrote:
djsamuel wrote:
While we're on the Camping World topic; I get an email from them with the subject line, "We saw this and thought of you." So I open the email and it is a sewer hose!

:B THANKS!!! I laughed till I cried! I've gotten those as well, but never with a sewer hose inside. TOO FUNNY!

The emails I asked them to stop sending is when I go online, look at things, but don't buy, then they are sending me emails telling me what I looked at and didn't buy! I know they think they are trying to be helpful, as well as hopefully get me to buy whatever it was, but I don't need my email jammed full of that kind of stuff.

X2 :B

I guess it could have been worst, and might have been a blue tote, as in full of.... ๐Ÿ˜›

I feel better now! Thanks! :B

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
NCC-1701 wrote:
djsamuel wrote:
While we're on the Camping World topic; I get an email from them with the subject line, "We saw this and thought of you." So I open the email and it is a sewer hose!

:B THANKS!!! I laughed till I cried! I've gotten those as well, but never with a sewer hose inside. TOO FUNNY!

The emails I asked them to stop sending is when I go online, look at things, but don't buy, then they are sending me emails telling me what I looked at and didn't buy! I know they think they are trying to be helpful, as well as hopefully get me to buy whatever it was, but I don't need my email jammed full of that kind of stuff.

X2 :B

I guess it could have been worst, and might have been a blue tote, as in full of.... ๐Ÿ˜›
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

NCC-1701
Explorer
Explorer
djsamuel wrote:

"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
I used to enjoy browsing the store every now and then. I get the flyer too. I spend a few seconds flipping through it. I ocassionally see something I like and when I do I order it online from a different retailer. See, Iโ€™ve been banned from the store.

BadgerMcAdams
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
brianosaur wrote:
Yeah OP, but do you have these?

Common', a campsite is just not complete without them!

Believe it or not... yes we do. I made a wooden base for them so the will sit in the base without the wire legs. We put them up in the camper living room area on each side of the television. I do have the wire legs, but we like them inside the camper.

Which is also a good way to keep them from "walking away"

Downunda
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, if you have all of that stuff already you are one lucky guy, I'm so envious!

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
brianosaur wrote:

Believe it or not... yes we do. I made a wooden base for them so the will sit in the base without the wire legs. We put them up in the camper living room area on each side of the television. I do have the wire legs, but we like them inside the camper.

LOL!!

That's AWESOME!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
brianosaur wrote:

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
I think you are well prepared, save your money. Maybe take the bride out for dinner.

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
12thgenusa wrote:
So why renew your membership? You have to buy $250 or more just to break even.

Doesn't Camping World membership get you Good Sam Club membership? .... And, isn't the reverse also true?

I'm not sure I understand the relationship/difference between the two memberships.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
With the time you have I really think you need to get in that RV and GO SOMEWHERE!!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
12thgenusa wrote:

We get the biggest bang for our buck using the Good Sam discount at Good Sam campgrounds. We use that MUCH more than purchasing stuff from the store on on-line. Campground discounts pay for itself petty quick!

12thgenusa
Explorer
Explorer

2007 Tundra DC 4X4 5.7, Alcan custom rear springs, 2009 Cougar 245RKS, 370 watts ET solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron SmartSolar 100/30, 200AH LiP04 bank, ProWatt 2000.