cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Buffalo sold to Cheerios

dturm

Minneapolis-based food conglomerate General Mills is buying Wilton, Conn.-based Blue Buffalo Co., maker of Blue Buffalo pet food, for roughly $8 billion in cash in a deal expected to be completed by May.

I hope general mills changes advertisement philosophy and makes it more "honest."
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV
4 REPLIES 4

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
NCC-1701 wrote:
Blue is the only dog food I've ever tried that had my dog doing the "runs" no matter how slowly I tried to introduce it by mixing. Soft stools started the day after I started to mix it and after three weeks, I dropped it. Next day, all was well again. Surprised me, but there sure was something in it that didn't agree with my GSD's system.

We fed BB for a few years, our dogs loved it but suddenly our Lab Lucy started losing her hair, my first thought was her food but the other two were not affected.
However we stopped feeding BB and within a week we found that her bald spots were filling back in so it was obviously the cause.
Will never go back to it...this is a mild reaction compared to many other stories so I feel lucky that is all Lucy suffered.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

NCC-1701
Explorer
Explorer
Blue is the only dog food I've ever tried that had my dog doing the "runs" no matter how slowly I tried to introduce it by mixing. Soft stools started the day after I started to mix it and after three weeks, I dropped it. Next day, all was well again. Surprised me, but there sure was something in it that didn't agree with my GSD's system.
"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Hope G.M. can keep their ingredients and packaging on the right track.
Would hate to get a surprise when I poured my cereal in the bowl.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Buffalo has ingredients sourced from China....(not for our dog).
We are feeding: Go! Fit + Free Grain-Free Chicken, Turkey & Trout Recipe Adult.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro