cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPMS

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
I'm considering adding a tire pressure monitoring system to our Class C mainly so I can monitor tire pressures on our toad. What system do you use if any and which type of sensor works best on the inside duals, flow through or the more compact theft resistant? One manufacturer did not recommend installing the flow through on the toad due to the added length. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
sullivanclan wrote:
Quick question, what do you all mean by flow through, versus non-flow through?

The non flow through is just round and replaces the cap on the valve stem. The flow through screws onto the valve stem and has a another stem coming out of the top of it so you can add air to the tire without removing the sensor. The disadvantage to that type is they are about 2 1/2" long compared to the 1" or so on the non flow through. See here

sullivanclan
Explorer
Explorer
Quick question, what do you all mean by flow through, versus non-flow through?
2003 Ford 450 Jayco Greyhawk 25D
1986 Jeep Renegade
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
They didn't have flow-thru when I originally got the system, so non-flow thru for coach and toad. But in reality, I very seldom have to add air, so really a non issue. TST does say you should have metal valve stems, a must for the flow-thru, suggested for the caps. I do have metal stems on the 6 on the coach, but just standard on the toad, and have not experienced any issues. If you remove the anti-theft caps, the actual sensor is really pretty small. I had asked if I needed to re-balance my wheels after adding the sensors and was told no. Haven't experienced any shake or shimmy with them in place, either. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I think the flow through sensors look too big and clunky for the toad.

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
The ones that I looked at have "flow-through" and "non-flow through" sensors. Which do you recommend?
Linda
Scout, 10 year old Husky/Shepherd
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
That's for the replies I've decided to go with the new TST 507 with the color monitor.

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
JumboJet wrote:
loggenrock wrote:
TST model 507 - been using their system for about a decade. 6 on coach, 4 on toad. System has "saved" me about 5-6 times, alerting me to a leak before we had any sort of failure.

What I use and very good system.

Me too. Tow my car behind my motorhome. Thought I would need a signal booster for the toad but I don't and system has been very reliable. Had it for 4 years now.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
loggenrock wrote:
TST model 507 - been using their system for about a decade. 6 on coach, 4 on toad. System has "saved" me about 5-6 times, alerting me to a leak before we had any sort of failure.

What I use and very good system.

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
The system I am looking at is called Tire-SafeGuard. They recommended using the flow throughs on the rv and the caps on the toad.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
While awaiting a personal response you can search 'tpms' in the box above. It's a popular topic.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman