cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parts Shipping Delay from Indiana

dclark1946
Explorer
Explorer
Our trailer has been at our dealer since late Nov. waiting for a new slide floor since the original warped and started damaging the main floor. On Feb. 8 our dealer that the floor had already shipped.Today it has still not arrived and I was told it was due to the weather there in Indiana. Has anyone else experienced this kind of delay for RV components shipped from that part of the country?
Dick & Karen
Richardson,TX
2017 KZ Spree 263RKS
09 F250 V10
24 REPLIES 24

dclark1946
Explorer
Explorer
I was able to speak with a KZ rep at the Dallas RV show a couple of
days ago who is going to have the factory find out where the slide floor (that is listed as shipped) is.

As part of this rep discussion I learned some interesting info about the KZ sale to Thor.
Dick & Karen
Richardson,TX
2017 KZ Spree 263RKS
09 F250 V10

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
One thing I have learned over the years---When some yahoo states he talks to the factory rep, I doubt he really has. He may have talked to somebody, but not a factory rep. They state that to make everyone think he has more knowledge than anybody else. He takes just one Manufacturer out of hundreds and uses that to state that this is the standard in the industry. Maybe Rockwood did ship some parts. We have had on the very rare occasion, parts shipped in a new unit, but those were extreme abnormal reasons. The REASON they do not ship in units is simple
1. The logistics of getting the parts in that one unit of hundreds being shipped would be very time consuming.
2. The very possible damage to that NEW unit's interior from parts being shipped increases.
3. The likelihood of that shipped unit going to the wrong dealer OR breaking down in transit, which nullifies the parts getting there.
4. ALL the factory's have regular freight and transport services come daily to pick up and ship parts.
Using the reasoning of that poster
I travel to Houston, Texas and I run a stop sign in front of a COP. He does nothing. So, I post on the Internet that Houston does NOT ticket Stop sign runners, because one time I did not get a ticket. Doug
Careful Doug. Ralph will come back and cuss you too. He has already told you your not the expert here.:B
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
One thing I have learned over the years---When some yahoo states he talks to the factory rep, I doubt he really has. He may have talked to somebody, but not a factory rep. They state that to make everyone think he has more knowledge than anybody else. He takes just one Manufacturer out of hundreds and uses that to state that this is the standard in the industry. Maybe Rockwood did ship some parts. We have had on the very rare occasion, parts shipped in a new unit, but those were extreme abnormal reasons. The REASON they do not ship in units is simple
1. The logistics of getting the parts in that one unit of hundreds being shipped would be very time consuming.
2. The very possible damage to that NEW unit's interior from parts being shipped increases.
3. The likelihood of that shipped unit going to the wrong dealer OR breaking down in transit, which nullifies the parts getting there.
4. ALL the factory's have regular freight and transport services come daily to pick up and ship parts.
Using the reasoning of that poster
I travel to Houston, Texas and I run a stop sign in front of a COP. He does nothing. So, I post on the Internet that Houston does NOT ticket Stop sign runners, because one time I did not get a ticket. Doug

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
dclark1946 wrote:
Our trailer has been at our dealer since late Nov. waiting for a new slide floor since the original warped and started damaging the floor. On the Feb. 8 I was told the floor had already shipped.Today it still has still not arrived and I was told it was due to the weather there in Indiana. Has anyone else experienced this kind of delay for RV components shipped from that part of the country?

RV manufacturers are notorious for being cheap when it comes to shipping parts to dealers for warranty claims. They will not ship UPS, FedEx, or in the case of something oversize motor freight, if they can get out of it.

They will wait until they have a new RV being delivered to the dealer then pack the parts inside. They don't care how many weeks your unit sits there waiting, as long as they can save the shipping cost.

Your floor very well could of shipped and is now packed in a trailer that is sitting in one of the large staging yards around Elkhart where the transport companies store them, and is awaiting a driver to be assigned. You won't get a tracking number.

Now if you go to some select manufacturer specific forums, one that is hosted by an amphibian comes to mind, you may run into the RV manufacturer glee club members, AKA the Kool Aid drinkers, who will swear that it's the dealer who requests those parts to be shipped that way. That's because the manufacturer is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and is in business to eliminate human suffering and to maintain international peace and security, and does no wrong lol.
Someone tried to talk the followers of Jim Jones out of dropping everything and moving to Guyana, but did not have much success either.

Since the manufacturer pays for the parts and the shipping on a warranty claim, I don't see how that could be the case.
I don't know where you get your information but I would find a new source. I have friends transporting new trailers to dealers and have never had parts shipped in them. I kept up their trucks for 4 yrs.

Fair enough.......good enough for me.....I stand corrected. It doesn't happen because you have a few friends and say it doesn't as does another member who has 30+ years in the industry and says it doesn't.

I guess when I was told by the factory rep at Rockwood they would wait until they had all the needed parts in hand, then they would be shipping them to the dealer all at once in A new rig he was expecting, that was the factory just playing me along. I also assume that when I have helped unload some of the stuff, including parts I had purchased at another local dealer I frequent such as awning and gutter rail, we imagined it. I guess when I ordered two hybrid bunk doors from Keystone a few years back that arrived at the dealer I ordered them from and came the same way, that was all imagined too.

I think it's time to lay off these boards. Too many bullshitters like yourself.
I see no point in responding to your rude post. You evidently know everything. I am surprised with all the post you make attacking people that do not agree with you that you have not been removed from here. You break a lot of rules.
Eddie
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Owner- The Toy Shop-
We love 56 T-Birds

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:

Just as is your post 100% in violation of forum rules -

"The use of profanity is not allowed. An "integrated watchdog" will monitor your post and attempt to expunge objectionable language.

"Flaming" of other participants is strictly forbidden. Professional conduct is a primary requirement for participation on the Open Roads Forum."

Apparently you consider yourself an exception. :S

Moderators notified. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bird Freak wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
dclark1946 wrote:
Our trailer has been at our dealer since late Nov. waiting for a new slide floor since the original warped and started damaging the floor. On the Feb. 8 I was told the floor had already shipped.Today it still has still not arrived and I was told it was due to the weather there in Indiana. Has anyone else experienced this kind of delay for RV components shipped from that part of the country?

RV manufacturers are notorious for being cheap when it comes to shipping parts to dealers for warranty claims. They will not ship UPS, FedEx, or in the case of something oversize motor freight, if they can get out of it.

They will wait until they have a new RV being delivered to the dealer then pack the parts inside. They don't care how many weeks your unit sits there waiting, as long as they can save the shipping cost.

Your floor very well could of shipped and is now packed in a trailer that is sitting in one of the large staging yards around Elkhart where the transport companies store them, and is awaiting a driver to be assigned. You won't get a tracking number.

Now if you go to some select manufacturer specific forums, one that is hosted by an amphibian comes to mind, you may run into the RV manufacturer glee club members, AKA the Kool Aid drinkers, who will swear that it's the dealer who requests those parts to be shipped that way. That's because the manufacturer is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and is in business to eliminate human suffering and to maintain international peace and security, and does no wrong lol.
Someone tried to talk the followers of Jim Jones out of dropping everything and moving to Guyana, but did not have much success either.

Since the manufacturer pays for the parts and the shipping on a warranty claim, I don't see how that could be the case.
I don't know where you get your information but I would find a new source. I have friends transporting new trailers to dealers and have never had parts shipped in them. I kept up their trucks for 4 yrs.

Fair enough.......good enough for me.....I stand corrected. It doesn't happen because you have a few friends and say it doesn't as does another member who has 30+ years in the industry and says it doesn't.

I guess when I was told by the factory rep at Rockwood they would wait until they had all the needed parts in hand, then they would be shipping them to the dealer all at once in A new rig he was expecting, that was the factory just playing me along. I also assume that when I have helped unload some of the stuff, including parts I had purchased at another local dealer I frequent such as awning and gutter rail, we imagined it. I guess when I ordered two hybrid bunk doors from Keystone a few years back that arrived at the dealer I ordered them from and came the same way, that was all imagined too.

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ralph Cramden wrote:
dclark1946 wrote:

Eddie
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Owner- The Toy Shop-
We love 56 T-Birds

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
That slide floor is one piece, big and heavy, so it's not like they can just box it up and UPS it. Midwest weather delays have been legendary this year, we have even had several Amazon prime orders delayed a day or two beyond the 2-day shipping window.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
dclark1946 wrote:
The factory shipped the rack to our dealer in another new trailer shipped to our dealer.

It's done all the time, some manufacturers may not, but I know for a fact F.R.'s Rockwood and Salem divisions do. Riverside RV does. Keystone's Passport division does as does Heartland and Dutchmen. Especially with large or long oversize items which would cost a small fortune to send UPS or Fedex and more than likely would not survive the journey.

No matter what you say in any of these RV forums, there is never a shortage of people to dispute it, but that's the nature of forums........and always has been.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

dclark1946
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, according to our dealer's service manager as of Feb. 8 the slide floor had already been fabricated and shipped. I don't know exact ship date.

As for shipping factory parts in new trailers I have one data point with our new trailer. We ordered it without the optional cargo tray/ bike rack which requires the trailer frame to be extended about 9 inches at the rear. When the trailer arrived at the dealer we found out that the factory built our trailer with the extended frame. I determined that we could live with the extra length and in exchange the factory would ship the cargo rack that fits the extended frame and not charge us. The factory shipped the rack to our dealer in another new trailer shipped to our dealer.
Dick & Karen
Richardson,TX
2017 KZ Spree 263RKS
09 F250 V10

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Sorry Ralph, on these forums, even if you've had personal experience, you're still wrong! :S

FYI ... STILL!!! raining cats and dogs in Indiana!

1 BAD experaince does not make somebody an expert on how things are done. Doug

And sometimes 38 years of experiance does not make somebody an expert either.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:
Sorry Ralph, on these forums, even if you've had personal experience, you're still wrong! :S

1 BAD experaince does not make somebody an expert on how things are done. Doug

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
Ralph Cramden---Your post is so full of falsehoods, I don't know where to start.
1. OEM's do NOT ship parts in NEW units.
2. Some parts like slide floors take time to make and then are shipped by Freight
3. They ship small parts by Fed-ex and UPS all the time
4. I have 38 years and still working in the RV sales and Service and have delt with almost all OEM's and NONE have policy's like you stated.
5. The MAIN thing is, the OP needs a complete slide floor and those take time to make. NOT 4 months, the OP needs to get his dealer to get a lot more info. The FIRST thing the OP needs to know is WHEN the slide floor was ordered, NOT to base it on when he had his unit in the shop. It takes time to get the pics and get auth to replace a floor under warranty and that can take 1 to 2 weeks BEFORE the floor is ordered. You do not order a floor until the OEM authorizes the work. Doug

Whatever you say Doug. I assume when I was told by the warranty rep at Rockwood in 2015 they were waiting until they had all the parts the dealer ordered for repairs that were approved, and they were sending them in a unit that was shipping to the dealer, that was factory BS.

I also assume when they sent me a new microwave under warranty, which I personally removed from a unit still connected to the transporters dually while the owner was inspecting the delivery, that was a filament of my imagination.