cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air system external charging

Shomemule
Explorer
Explorer
Question about when a towing company uses their air system to charge a towed motorhome through the external charge port. Their air isn't filtered by the coach air dryer so if they introduced moisture into the system could it be removed by draining the tanks? Would it be circulated around and then caught by the filter once the coach was up and running again?
5 REPLIES 5

NCC-1701
Explorer
Explorer
WinstonBago wrote:
I have a 2003 Winnebago Journey, I noticed four leads with a circleular end to pull under the front passenger side wheel area. Is this to drain the air tank's?

Yes
"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

WinstonBago
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Winnebago Journey, I noticed four leads with a circleular end to pull under the front passenger side wheel area. Is this to drain the air tank's?

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, most tow trucks have AIR DRYERS. But your tanks will have drains. So, to do a "belts and suspenders" when you are back ready to go, open the tank drains to check for contaminates.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Shomemule
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
I would think their air is filtered through the drier on their own truck. When we were towed, it was his truck air he tapped into us.

Likely that's the usually case but if you weren't sure and wanted to do something in a preventative sense would draining the system help or would the coach eventually remove the moisture as the air cycled through the system once you were back on the road?

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I would think their air is filtered through the drier on their own truck. When we were towed, it was his truck air he tapped into us.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed