Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Sprinter Service

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2018/02/mercedes-benz-vancare-ups-customer-service/

Mercedes introduces Van Care for Sprinters. Mobile Mercedes mechanics will come to your location and perform routine maintenance or minor repair without having to take your motor home in to a dealer. Great idea and with the new Sprinter coming out later this year with a higher GVWR , Sprinters should sell fast.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
5 REPLIES 5

Oldtymeflyr
Explorer
Explorer
The referenced article notes that it is tied in with Freightliner, another MB unit. There seems to be a lot of good reasons to do mobile service, a lot of service/repairs can be done on the owners site.

As far as costs go, it would be interesting to compare the two options. MB says it needs more service bays, I know their sales are doing well. My experience with MB service has been good.

Craigslist has numerous mobile auto mechanics advertising their services.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
You all have to know that offering that service IS going to be built into the base price of the MH, right? 😛

nothing is for free. I wouldn't want to be paying for something I may or may not use.

I agree, not everyone will want to pay for something they may not use. However, I would guess you'll only "pay per usage", and some sort of mileage charge and/or additional hours based on travel time to and from your location will be added to your invoice. That would make more sense. It'll probably be run just like any other mobile repair service, like mobile tire repair, or mobile truck service, and so on. The user pays for the service.
Maybe they'll offer a fixed price annual remote service contract or warranty for scheduled maintenance? That might be good. Pay a flat fee per annum and get your oil and other filter changes done in your driveway? At your convenience.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
You all have to know that offering that service IS going to be built into the base price of the MH, right? 😛

nothing is for free. I wouldn't want to be paying for something I may or may not use.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder how long it will take, if ever, for their service vans to be as prolific as Chevy/Ford/RAM repair shops or Chevy/Ford/RAM ERS expertise? 😉

FWIW my BIL got rid of his Sprinter 3500 RV due to fuel availability and the problems with it plus the scarcity of service facilities to fix those problems.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
I know it's not our problem, but I wonder how they'll triage the calls for service? First come, first served? Or, I'm out in the boonies in limp mode, please help me first?
I can see this requiring more than one service van per bricks and sticks shop in many areas, and some will be overwhelmed by the demand for "in my driveway" versus "I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with a CEL on" service calls.
Should be interesting to see how it all plays out...
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)