cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pioneer by Heartland?

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering your personal experience with owning them & camping?

Please if you have never owned one & just wanna bash the TT LIne, dont waste our time.

I want to hear from people that own or have owned Piopneed TT's.
1997 Dodge 4x4, 5 spd manual trans & HotRod 5.9 cummins.
With '85 Lance.
14 REPLIES 14

Jim549
Explorer
Explorer
Blanco1 wrote:
Jim549 wrote:
We have a 2017 Pioneer, QB300. .

What is that?

Quad Bunk?

Yes, it has quad bunks.
The Haights
Jim & Nancy
Bear (our little furry Shichon)
Home State: Michigan
HOC #3976
2017 Pioneer QB300

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
Jim549 wrote:
We have a 2017 Pioneer, QB300. .

What is that?

Quad Bunk?
With '85 Lance.

Jim549
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2017 Pioneer, QB300. We have only had one issue with the wiring. So far we love the camper and can not wait for the weather to warm up so we can hit the road.

Good luck with your new Pioneer.
The Haights
Jim & Nancy
Bear (our little furry Shichon)
Home State: Michigan
HOC #3976
2017 Pioneer QB300

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
jerryjay11 wrote:
Congrats on your Pioneer. When shopping we were looking for maybe a 26 or 27 footer which would have been longer than our previous trailer, but still manage to back into our driveway from our narrow road. Found this RL250 at 29.5 feet is maneuverable enough to get it backed in. Hope you enjoy!

P.S Now you can get that picture for your laptop.

Thanks!

I hope we enjoy as well! ??
What did you end up buying?
With '85 Lance.

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your Pioneer. When shopping we were looking for maybe a 26 or 27 footer which would have been longer than our previous trailer, but still manage to back into our driveway from our narrow road. Found this RL250 at 29.5 feet is maneuverable enough to get it backed in. Hope you enjoy!

P.S Now you can get that picture for your laptop.

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
I went for it today & dropped a $10K deposit on this trailer today.

& before doing so I looked at 3 other models with similar floorplans & this one still won out.
With '85 Lance.

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2016 Wilderness and love it. Not a minutes trouble and seems to be a quality built rig. I would think they would take the same quality standards in all their models. They also have a good tech support team.

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone post a picture of the Pioneer RL250 hooked up to their truck?
I've google searched & can't find any?

I'd love a Pic of it hooked up to the tow rig for my desk top picture on my LapTop.
With '85 Lance.

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot to mention, even though the Pioneer is less expensive, at least the radiant heat underbelly is fully sealed with foam insulation & the valves tucked in.

The Wildwoods at $5K more do not have foam insulation to keep the heat in & have all the valves exposed on the outside & being we always do a big winter trip between the 22nd of Dec to about the 5 of Jan, I need the stuff warmer than colder.

I been through the frozen valve issues before.
With '85 Lance.

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
took the wife today to see the 250RL Pioneer by Heartland after going to see the Wildwood by ForestRiver & we both agreed on the PI RL250 over the Wildwood.

The only 2 things I liked more on the Wildwood 27 RLSS was the larger Pass through storage door & the fact that it has many more cabinets inside than the Pioneer, but that is basically due to the fact that its about 4 feet longer.
& that gave the additional space for it.
But being I want as much bang for the buck & restricted by my storage parking space , we are choosing the Pioneer by Heartland RL250.
Right off the bat $5K cheaper.
With '85 Lance.

Blanco1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys!
With '85 Lance.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Heartland Trail Runner which used to be the entry level travel trailer Heartland offered. When I was at my dealer last summer, I inquired about the Pioneer. He said they are now the entry level travel trailer by Heartland. That isn't a bad thing. I went into a couple of them and they seemed to be quite nice from what I could tell.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Like all RV's, they are built to a price point. In this case it's about the lowest price point but that's fine as long as you're OK with it.
I don't think they have any more severe build issues (leaks, delam) than any other brand or PP.

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you meant Pioneer and not Piopneed. But Yup! Purchased a 2018 Pioneer RL250 the size and setup we were looking for. Love our Pioneer>