cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have experience with the Dynamax motorhomes?

1oldtruck
Explorer
Explorer
We toured the Tampa RV show and found the Dynamax Isata 5. We like the features but don’t know anything about the brand. Can anyone share experience with the quality and/or warranty issues?
7 REPLIES 7

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
My comment here is likely a mute point right now, but I'd like to share this.....

Back in 2006/2007 when on the search for a replacement motor home, the E350/E450 based, scaled-down B+ Isata Sport was on our short list. From what I could tell on-line, they were well made of which their exceptionally high price back then reflected it. The cost for a new Isata Sport was out of reach for us and a 5 to 7 year old cost nearly the same as a new made-for-us Phoenix Cruiser 2350, so we went with the P.C. To this day I have never seen in person, a 1999-2007 Isata Sport E-Series in person. It's too bad they discontinued the reduced size scaled-down E350/E450 B+ platform. Today the E-Series Isata-4 is your typical class-C beast, designed over-loaded. If considering that one, I'd surely step it up to the Isata-5 or more capable DX, DQ, or Force chassis.

Dynamax had been independently owned until the 2008/2009 recession, picked up by Forest River. I heard F.R. made a few changes for the worse, but nothing serious from what I gather. Dynamax is still noted for being a high-end quality unit.

The load capability of the Dynamax Rev is concerning as is every class B+/C built on the Dodge Promaster. If you can work with it's limitations, then no worries. Our old Phoenix Cruiser 2350 with a 11,500 pound E350 chassis is smaller than the Rev, carries 2200 pounds more than the Promaster and we use all of it. I can't imagine where I could drop 2200 pounds and still make vacationing work right for us.

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
richy2 wrote:
We own a 2018 Dynamax rev 24rb. I had a minor issue taken care of under warranty. We have been very happy with the unit, especially the 15 mpg. For the past 25 years we have owned 30' travel trailers, this is our first motorhome and have no regrets.

Best wishes for your new 2018 Dynamax rev24rb. I just bought a used 2015 Dynamax Rev 24tb with only 6000 miles. What do you carry since there is NO spare tire. There is some kind of compressor with green goo Dynamax provide, or not?
AL

dannko
Explorer
Explorer
1oldtruck wrote:
Thanks for the responses. We are looking at the 2018 Isata 5 30FW. Wanted to inquire before spending any money.

Went to the Austin rv show (what a dud, 1/2 as many units because of a science show), talked with an independent rv park owner and he stated Dynamax are very good, but did not like Nexus (my other interest). Only thing he stated was about noise, referring though to a Jayco Seneca with Freightliner, he said when shifting up from a start very hard to talk. He was not familiar with the Dodge 5500 though. I am still leaning to Dynamax for a Super C type.

1oldtruck
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. We are looking at the 2018 Isata 5 30FW. Wanted to inquire before spending any money.

richy2
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2018 Dynamax rev 24rb. I had a minor issue taken care of under warranty. We have been very happy with the unit, especially the 15 mpg. For the past 25 years we have owned 30' travel trailers, this is our first motorhome and have no regrets.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I considered an Isata years back, seemed well made to me.
bumpy

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Google "dynamax rv issues" and a whole bunch of articles will come up.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992