cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018/2019 Eclipse Attitude 28SAG - Your Thoughts?

996Pilot
Explorer
Explorer
The DW and I are moving from our Outfitter Apex8 Camper to a 5th toy hauler. We really like the Attitude 28SAG for the layout, features and general look of quality. I'm looking for ACTUAL experience with Eclipse Attitude as far as overall quality, general build engineering and other things that are note worthy. Also, is there any reason to STAY AWAY from Eclipse? I'm sure everyone has a story but...

Any help we can get is worth it. Thanks in advance.
2018 Arctic Fox 811
2015 RAM 3500 SRW Laramie Longhorn 6.7 Cummins 68RFE Timbren SES, Lower Stableloads
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9 Cummins 48RE TRADED
2006 Outfitter Apex 8 TRADED
14 REPLIES 14

Rockinfigs
Explorer
Explorer
So I've had 3 eclipse attitude toy hauler..2006 21ak, 2014 27 cbg and now 2020 3218mm 5th wheel..I've had minor issues with all 3..nothing major..I like the open floor plan of attitudes with no garage. You are going to have issues no matter what brand you get. But what you want to consider is how the manufacturer handles any warranty issues. My major thing with staying with eclipse is they are loacted in Riverside so I can get any parts from them or just take it there to get things fixed .
2019 Ford f350 cclb 6.7 diesel black sports package
2020 eclipse attitude 3218mm
2014 rzr 4 800

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
judelaurenzo25g wrote:
Dirtclods wrote:
07 19 Ft" Eclipse Attitude cracks around the spin weld for both of the fresh water tanks. I had to get repaired @ https://ronco-plastics.com/

When it was new or recently?

2014 front fresh water tank then recently 2nd fresh water tank. Poor design right where the spin weld is at the fitting there's the curve on the bottom of the tank it's the weakest and thinnest part of the tank and it flexes.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

996Pilot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the input on the Eclipse Attitude 28SAG. We really like the layout and all of the features at the price. I think we'll keep looking at other models based on what we've researched (including here). The other model we looked at and liked (just slightly less than the 28SAG) was the Shockwave 28FWGDX. A bit less on the fresh water storage but coming from our Outfitter Apex 8 camper, it's still way more than were used to.
2018 Arctic Fox 811
2015 RAM 3500 SRW Laramie Longhorn 6.7 Cummins 68RFE Timbren SES, Lower Stableloads
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 5.9 Cummins 48RE TRADED
2006 Outfitter Apex 8 TRADED

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
nayther wrote:
We checked out a couple Attitudes at SX last weekend, pretty cool features like LED lighting in counter edge and around windows.

Lol... Consumers are in love with LED’s. You can throw LEDs on a turd and people would buy it.

My husband was SO EXCITED when he saw our new rig has LEDs under the sofa. Cause you know, that's a necessity. 😄
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
07 19 Ft" Eclipse Attitude cracks around the spin weld for both of the fresh water tanks. I had to get repaired @ https://ronco-plastics.com/

When it was new or recently?
A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
nayther wrote:
We checked out a couple Attitudes at SX last weekend, pretty cool features like LED lighting in counter edge and around windows.

Lol... Consumers are in love with LED’s. You can throw LEDs on a turd and people would buy it.

That’s what I bought shiny turd with LEDs.

In all seriousness. I had issues, eclipse has taken care of them so far.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:

2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

BBFD
Explorer
Explorer
OP feel free to PM me and I can share my experiences. My brand new Attitude was a total disaster and I sold it after just one season. The decision to trade (at a loss of course) was not taken lightly.
2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie CTD
2017 KZ Durango 292BHT

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at that exact same model and went with forest River (stealth, Shockwave, sandstorm). My decision was based on the local dealer here for Forest River just opened a huge shop and I got a second year factory warranty for $250. That being said, in my decision making, we liked the bathroom much better in the eclipse, better use of the space. And the kitchen was a little better in the eclipse. We liked the color scheme in our stealth.

Other than that, everything in that price range uses the exact same components and every one will have issues, even when you do a thorough PDI. A few trips down the road will expose them. I just recommend you use it a lot the first year to get the bugs worked out. And I'd so research on the repair facility you'll be using. My brother had little issues with his forest River and the local dealer by him screwed his trailer up. He ended up fixing the heating system and a few other things himself.
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 with sofa slideout. Biggest issue I have had which a lot of others have had as well is after doing an axle flip large cracks developed in the frame between the axles. Lippert took reaponsibility and paid to have mine repaired/beefed up. My understanding is that last year they made some frame changes to address this problem. Believe the trailer now also comes from the factory with spring over axle flip like it should be.

I would say the overall build quality is inline with the rest of the industry. Sometimes you luck out and get a good one and sometimes you dont. The biggest thing I like about the trailer is its overall size/weight combined with lots of garage space. Trailer tows very nicey behind any 3/4 ton.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 2018 Eclipse 28SAG. I've had issues and my cousin has a 15 with a lot less issues. I think whatever make or model you buy, you will have issues. The Dealer is going to tell you everything you want to hear to convince you otherwise. PM me if you have specific questions on the unit.

Y-Guy
996Pilot wrote:
I'm looking for ACTUAL experience with Eclipse Attitude as far as overall quality, general build engineering and other things that are note worthy.

To help you get going here are some past posts.

Here are some previous posts over the past year, *click here*

And some from the archives from over a year ago, *click here*

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon