cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My 2001 national sea view loud noise before starting rv help

Love2RVmore
Explorer
Explorer
So i just went from a 1996 winni brave to a 2001 national sea view 8311 and its great! So much bigger and a great ride.
So i noticed when i turn the key to start the rig this loud noise noise coming from under my dash/steering wheel area. Its the
Last key position before you actually turn over the ignition. Than as you turn the key to actually start the rv noise quiets down and that the truck starts fine.
Also today i pressed the brakes while noise was going and it seemed to quiet down the noise but not fix it. Is this normal. Amy ideas or anyone have a similar rv.
6 REPLIES 6

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
As you can see, without chassis information, you will get a lot of answers that do not apply to YOUR coach.

Yes, please tell us what chassis you have so we will be able to better help you.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I have a diaphragm vacuum pump under the dash for the heater controls that starts when the key comes on.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
most likely the power brake brake booster...if you have your foot on the brake pedal when starting.

My 2001 Dolphin does that.......I guess when the motor is running, the noise is still there when you press the brake pedal, but you can't hear it.

MrWizard
some Dps have an electric hyd pump for power steering and brakes
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
What engine/chassis?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
the noise where you press the brake pedal is the Hydro Boost. I do not get the sound unless the brake pedal is push. Sounds like a leaking seal.