cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chairs For Driver and Passenger

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
The Drivers chair in my Monaco Class A is in pretty good shape. The passenger chair has a split in the leather on the bottom left side are there covers or is this a complete replacement of both to get them to match any suggestions will help
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
7 REPLIES 7

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
We priced recover versus new. It depends on how your seat belts are configured. We were told that if the seatbelts run thru the seat back, it would be cheaper to buy new. Those estimates were from a friend in the business and three other independent companies. We went with new rather than having the old foam recovered

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I would check the price difference between new and reupholstered. If there is not a big price gap between the two, I would go New.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We had both our captain chairs in the front of our Phaeton reupholstered rather than buying new. We picked out the fabric. . .went a little darker color so as not to show dirt and better foam in the seats. Much better fabric than the original. The cost was about equal to buying just one new chair, so we thought that was good. We went to Mastercraft in Shipshewana, Indiana, who makes RV furniture. They have a person who does the work for them. Very happy with the result.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be sure to look for an auto/boat upholstery shop as most home upholstery shops won't do the work.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Take them to an upholstery shop and let them fix it right.

I agree. Needed my leather driver seat repaired on my Lexus and a local upholstery shop did it for under $200.

Rome? Where are you located?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Take them to an upholstery shop and let them fix it right.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Try here
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox