cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Workhorse W22 Fuel Filter

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2004 Workhorse W22 Tiffin Allegro Bay. We purchased it new in 2005 and have put 75,000 miles on it. Just ordered a fuel filter to keep on board if ever needed. Is their a time to change a fuel filter or do you just wait for the filter to give trouble? No problem currently. Motorhome performs just fine.
12 REPLIES 12

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Escapade wrote:
We have a 2004 Workhorse W22 Tiffin Allegro Bay. We purchased it new in 2005 and have put 75,000 miles on it. Just ordered a fuel filter to keep on board if ever needed. Is their a time to change a fuel filter or do you just wait for the filter to give trouble? No problem currently. Motorhome performs just fine.

Who knows, but when we got our previous 9yr old gas coach, I just assumed it had the original filter, so decided to replace it. Disconnecting the output proved that it had good flow, so kept it for a spare and installed the new one. Probably still in there, after 11 yrs, as it was two yrs ago, when we sold it.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer
It was the fuel filter with the adapter kit. The part #W8006889 was supplied by a Workhorse Parts supply in Centralia, WA. The part was $52.25 and 8.95 shipping. I gave them my VIN and this is what they said it needed.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Which filter was installed? Make and model?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer
Installed it today. Followed instructions and a Youtube video. Took the advice of driveway or beside the road. Easy decision! My Workhorse Owners Manual says every 30,000 miles. We may have had it done at 30,000 and forgot we did it.

JerryofWV
Explorer
Explorer
I bought an adapter kit from oemy-performance.com for mine. Now I can use AC/Delco filter GF481/652.
Jerry & Dee Dee Pauley

2005 Monaco Monarch SE, Workhorse, Falcon II tow bar, ReadyBrake, 2012 Jeep Liberty Toad

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
My source says it is a Wix 33481

That's the one ours takes. 2003 W22 chassis.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
My source says it is a Wix 33481

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice. I crawled underneath and looked at it before ordering one. I gave them my serial number with my order for them to also check if correct.

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
After confirming you have the right filter, change it. Unless of course you prefer to change it on the side of the road when your engine starts dying. I bought a new one on Amazon for $14.22. That's pretty cheap insurance. Think about the gas mileage these rigs get. If it was a car that could be like +200,000 miles of fuel. I don't mind working on our MH, in my driveway. Last thing I want to do is work on it while on the road.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
By Harder to find Rgatijnet1 means "No longer made"

However there are, as he said, adapters.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Make sure you have the right filter BEFORE you have a problem. Right around that time WH was changing filters and went from a simple "in and out" filter, with a connector on the front and rear to an "in and out" filter with a third return line. The later filter is much more expensive and harder to find. There are adapters available online to use the earlier cheaper filters. In any case, If you have the right filter, I would change it now and then it is something you can take off your worry list for several years.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I change my filter every spring and then also carry a spare filter.
I have an ealrier Chev 7.4 with throttle body injection., where yours is a multi port fuel injection. I just think it is safer to insure I have a clean fuel filter.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow