cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Host Cascade

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Let the build begin! Just finalized the price and build sheet, should receive it by the end of April, first of May.

As some of you know I have bounced around a few TC's and a couple of TT's the last 10 years, DONE! This is a 10 year rig minimum. Ton of money for a blue collar working stiff, but this is our entertainment and will get used 12 months out of the year. We love traveling around on our weekends and on our vacations and think this is the perfect size and fit for us. Ultimately we couldn't get comfortable in a dinette and I HATED towing around a TT, HATED it!!

I upgraded my SRW to a DRW last year so i'm pretty confident it should haul it safe and comfortable. Here's our build sheet-

6' couch with high low table-Ultra
Single recliner-Ultra
32" Main TV
AM/FM/CD/DVD 4 speakers
Microwave
3 Burner Range/Oven
According privacy bedroom door
120v Fireplace
Upgraded Heke escape hatch
9k AC (for use with 2k geni)
DSI gas/electric water
160 watt solar w/monitor
Dual 6-volts
Swing out brackets
Power passenger side awning
Storage bay slide out tray
Custom retrofit generator compartment to fit 2k geni

I'll post a bunch of pics when i get it. Here's a video of our layout with the couch and 1 chair.

Host Cascade

Host Link
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73
94 REPLIES 94

Bigfeets
Explorer
Explorer
yblaw wrote:
Raystar57 wrote:
I have seen the floating table in the Host video and it looks great.
When you say cushy couch can you say it's a lot more comfortable than a dinette?

The 6' couch replacement for the dinette is waaay more comfortable for us. We have owned both the dinette and side couch models of the Host Mammoth. The dinette back rest is vertical and the U seating under the window is cramped. The table is the icing on the cake. It is adjustable at any height, so it works for meals, computer use, and kickin' back and resting your legs on its surface. It's in-and-out adjustment works well for calorically challenged users. And, it's easy to slide fore and aft for easy exit from either end of the couch. Of course, this is just a personal preference, so it's probably best for you to test both models first.

Which layout would you recommend for a family with 2-3 kids?

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer
i think AREA 13 sold his.. announced in a prior post
- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Super nice. My wife likes that model also.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
Area13 wrote:
First trip in the books and all went well. The Wife was very comfortable which was my main concern. Truck handled it good, 20psi in the bags on the way there, almost zero on the way home and handled better. Bags not needed, 10 psi from here on out unless i tow the boat. Had more people come up and talk to me about my rig in 4 days than I have in all my other rigs piut together, folks were curious. Dug a couple of limits of razor clams and the pups loved runnin on the beach. We were at Pacific beach state park, WA. One more bonus is my dirt guy came by while we were gone and got some dirt removed and now I fit under my carport, win. The best part is he only charged me some salmon steaks for his work!

Love the dogs, is one a cairn by chance?

I am going to get a Cascade when I retire.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Lets see pics.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Rtosa
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2020 Host Cascade, with all the options you mentioned except i have the larger a.c. , L shape dinette, and dual theater seating. The stamp on the specification plate says 4041 lbs.
I have a 2019 F350 drw, 6.7, Torque lift frame mount brackets , fast guns, sway bars, gvwr 14,000.
Just saw your post, a year old. Do you still have the Cascade? Any issues, hows it holding up?
RT

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Nice pics Area13. Looks much more comfortable than the 910db.

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
First trip in the books and all went well. The Wife was very comfortable which was my main concern. Truck handled it good, 20psi in the bags on the way there, almost zero on the way home and handled better. Bags not needed, 10 psi from here on out unless i tow the boat. Had more people come up and talk to me about my rig in 4 days than I have in all my other rigs piut together, folks were curious. Dug a couple of limits of razor clams and the pups loved runnin on the beach. We were at Pacific beach state park, WA. One more bonus is my dirt guy came by while we were gone and got some dirt removed and now I fit under my carport, win. The best part is he only charged me some salmon steaks for his work!

2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
It looks great, I am envious! Good luck with it sir...
Joe

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer
Faststreak wrote:
Checking in to see if you made it home yet and if you will be in Florida? We are at lake Okeechobee and headed north Thursday or Friday. Eddie

Hi Fastbreak,

We leave Alabama later today and should be at the place in Florida Wednesday afternoon.. so anytime from Thursday on..Looking forward to it..
- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Checking in to see if you made it home yet and if you will be in Florida? We are at lake Okeechobee and headed north Thursday or Friday. Eddie

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Mr Phelps, love to meet you and see your camper. Happy trails. Glade your feeling better

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Sweet unit, Area 13!
Happy Camping.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great! Congrats again. Enjoy.