cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Holiday Rambler

Pandi
Explorer
Explorer
We are shopping around for a class A rv to full time in. We found a 2009 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. Anyone have info on this that might be helpful? Hard to find reviews online so thought this group would be helpful. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Trailing arm problems were with the four air bag models. The Endeavor is an eight air bag model so no problem there.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Some of these products had a trailing arm problem. do not know when it started or ended, what models affect or the years that is was prevalent.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29237850/gotomsg/29238022.cfm#29238022
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Our previous coach (2008 Monaco Dynasty) was put on the line in January of 2007, delivery early April 2007. It was a good build and had the typical teething pains that all new coaches have.

Generally, it was a good motorhome, never left us stranded in 7.5 yrs. and almost 70K miles.

Like any motorhome, maintenance records and a detailed inspection will determine if the motorhome is a potential purchase.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be Leary of any 2010/2011 Monaco product. The 2009`s and earlier were mostly built before the bankrupcy occurred in April 2009.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought a '07 40PDQ used in August of '07. Previous owner ordered it, took delivery and dropped dead six weeks later. He hadn't had a chance to make a list of issues for warranty work. The warranty was transferred to us but the distance to warranty station gave me the opportunity to learn my coach from the inside out. Found good mobile tech who replaced leveling jack tank that sprang a leak and did a few other things under warranty. Overall quality was about normal for that price range unit.

No mechanical issues during nine years of ownership. We spent about 5 weeks a year in it the first four years and about four month a year during the remaining years of ownership. So, we had hundreds of days of use and about 30K miles on the road. Compared to our current Winnebago is drove like a pig. Lots of stuff came unglued and unscrewed on the coach end of things. Had a leak around the door that caused some rust issues. That big heavy kitchen slide made lots of ugly noises but never broke. Our windshield came unseated twice which is unfortunately "normal" for that model.

Still in contact with people who purchased it two years ago to full time. They had a leak in the fuel tank, a plumbing leak, had to replace a leaking bathroom window, windshield came unseated, awning motor failure, blown radiator hose and some other small issues. But they are happy with it.

I would be cautious about an '09 Endeavor. As pointed out above, HR got sloppy just before they went bankrupt. Over the years I've talked with some owners who were very happy with the later models and others that had nothing but trouble. I personally would only buy an '09 if I could talk with the previous owner and you had complete maintenance and repair records.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
jamesroadking wrote:
We had a 2007 Monaco class A coach. Real piece of Junk! Do Not Buy, you'll regret it.

And yet our 2009 has been great!
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
jamesroadking wrote:
We had a 2007 Monaco class A coach. Real piece of Junk! Do Not Buy, you'll regret it.

Saying all 2007 Monaco Class A are junk, is like saying all people that live in Lake City, Fl. are crooks.

jamesroadking
Explorer
Explorer

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Having owned a 2008 DP, I encountered many problems with my unit. I think HR (Monaco) was cranking out crappy units just to get money in the door, knowing the company's days were numbered.

I strongly suggest staying away from any 2008 and later HR and Monaco units.

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a new/unsold 2008 Endeavor 40PDQ in June of 2010. These coaches were built at the end of the Monaco ownership just before bankruptcy. It seems that they were put together in some cases with whatever was on hand and so not all are exactly the same,

For the first couple of years we experienced what I considered an unusual amount of weird problems but in researching on the web it looks like the standard for most in that era. We had the radiator blow our first trip out. The diesel tank developed a leak at the weld for the drain plug. The windshield wipers stripped the post during a rain storm. The radiator overflow tank split and had to be replaced.

One of my biggest gripes is that the PDQ model has the refrigerator in the slide and the extra weight on that corner broke the slide roller and tore up the bottom of the slide. The repair was to install new metal rollers and put stainless plates on the bottom of the slide.

Another weak point seems to be where the front cap attaches to the roof if it has leaked at all the screws holding it together will be rusted out. I put Eternabond on every joint on my roof as soon as I heard about this so not a problem for me.

Hopefully by looking at a used coach someone else has taken care of most of the problems for you.

We spend about 6-7 months a year on the road and love our coach now that the problems are behind us. Except for a door scissors arm replacement last week the last four years have been pretty much trouble free. Love our Cummins ISL 400, plenty of power and I average about 7.6 mpg towing a Ford Explorer.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad