cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Little Red Fire Pit accessories?

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
I got the Little Red Fire Pit as a gift. It came with a cheap fire wood like ring. Has anyone replaced it with something else like lava rocks? Also, it came with an 8 foot propane hose with a regulator at the end for tank hook up. Is there a way to add on another longer hose and use my MH propane tank with extend-a stay?
5 REPLIES 5

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I saw one with an interesting replacement for the logs - chunks of glass (what you see when a tempered glass window breaks). About a 1" layer. The flames danced nicely...

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, the Lava Rocks work better; hold and radiate heat much better than the cheesy fake logs that come with the unit.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
We switched to the lava rock and bought a 1 gallon propane tank to use with ours.
Another tip on it. Open awning on chilly evenings and use it under the awning, the awning hold enough heat to take the chill off.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
Twomed wrote:
I have a male quick connect on the fireplace, attach to 15' low pressure hose from m.h. use same for grill.

Bought small log package...eBay or Amazon, extra volcanic rocks, threw away the cheesy ring log thingy on day one.

Great, so just regular lava rocks work fine. I found a 1/4" female male 5a nd 10 feet. Since the existing hose is 8 feet, I think an additional 5 feet is enough. Thanks

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
I have a male quick connect on the fireplace, attach to 15' low pressure hose from m.h. use same for grill.

Bought small log package...eBay or Amazon, extra volcanic rocks, threw away the cheesy ring log thingy on day one.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843