cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for Mountain CG recommendation GA, NC, or TN

terrytrailertra
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to do a mountain trip with 3 other families to celebrate some milestone birthdays in the group. Our needs are... a CG that will keep the kids interested;(They are ages 11-16); Big rig friendly; at least water and electricity; and a fire ring. We tend to prefer public cgs over private, but we are willing to do private as long as they are not huge rv parking lots. This would be a summer trip so water activities are important too. I have checked out RVParkReviews, but i always like the feedback from the forum. Thanks in advance.
17 Keystone Sprinter
'17 Dodge Ram
DH, DD-15, DS-12, and Me (Mom)
7 REPLIES 7

terrytrailertra
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions. Please keep them coming!
17 Keystone Sprinter
'17 Dodge Ram
DH, DD-15, DS-12, and Me (Mom)

1Adam12
Explorer
Explorer
Bald Mountain Camping Resort, Hiawassee, GA.
DW and two boys
2019 Grand Design Momentum 397M
2020 Ram 3500 DRW

ncscz
Explorer
Explorer
Davidson River in Pisgah National Forest
Standing Indian in Nantahala National Forest.

But you better make reservations as soon as possible. Not all sites have W/E and those that do get reserved quickly.
CarriGo
Model 2320

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put in a good word for Campfire lodgings (campground). Have some spectacular premium sites, and some good ones that donโ€™t directly overlook the valley below. Close to Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway, Biltmore house. Of course it depends on what one considers close I guess.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Vogel in Blairsville GA. Go to the GA SP web site and reserve now. I've stayed there with my 42' DP...tight but doable.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
That's a pretty tall order. You cover 3 states and there are thousands of CG's. I will make a pitch for the Smoky Mountains outside Gatlinburg. Smoky Mountain Premier CG was set up for big rigs and backs up to the National Park and one of its trails. Then there is always a trip into town if the kids get bored for some go cart fun for them. Plus if you get tired of cooking yourself there are many great restaurants to choose from for that special dinner. Check out their web site.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I know you want Ga, NC, and Tn, but let me also throw in Natural Tunnel SP in Virginia. It's only 17 miles north of the Tn line and we are around 4 hrs from Columbia, SC. It is straight up I-26N, which then turns into Rt 23N. It's 1 mile off of Rt 23, so all good, nice beautiful 4-lane highway the whole way.

Natural Tunnel

The campgrounds (2 of them) offer water/electric with a dump station within the park. Lover's Leap Campground is set up for larger RVs and has both pull-thru site (site #13) with a buddy site (site #14), but mostly back-in sites. They range from 45 ft long to 85 feet long and more provide some semblance of privacy as they face the wooded areas. There are lots of trails through mountainous areas, there is the actual Natural Tunnel that is so large that trains traverse through the tunnel daily. There is a large swimming pool with water slides and diving boards; they offer canoeing kayaking and canorkeling (canoe trip with snorkeling along the way) trips as well as caving excursions to nearby caves. All of these are guided trips. They also offer a guided trip to the Devil's Bathtub (see facebook or google it for some beautiful pictures).

We camp-host there two months each summer, so feel free to PM me if you have specific questions about the park.

I can guarantee that you and especially the kids will have a great time.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW