Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Northern Idaho Camping (near I90)

alesis
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys-

We are taking our long camping trip to Washington State from Michigan in July. We'd like to stop in Idaho on the way home, and were originally looking at the Stanley area. It's so far out of our way though, that I'm now looking for somewhere in the northern ID area. Our route has us on I90, so somewhere near there would be great.

Looking for a CG with full hookups, and the family loves hiking, swimming, mountainous area, etc.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Jerry

TV : 2021 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecoboost Max Tow
TT : 2015 Crossroads Sunset Trail Reserve 32BH
Weigh Safe True Tow hitch system

http://community.webshots.com/user/detroitfd
3 REPLIES 3

grandma_lynn
Explorer
Explorer
Wolf Lodge Campground. Not bad and right off of I-90 exit 22 then right on frontage rd., it is about 8 miles east of Coeur D'Alene. There are a couple of other other RV parks but I haven't stayed at them so no info except what my little RV Idaho book says. There is a State park about 20 miles north of Coeur D'Alene on highway 95 that is really worth staying at. It is an old World War II Navel base called Farragut. Has a little museum, about 40 miles of walking/biking trails and water/electric hookups on some of the loops. Do need reservations tho, especially if you are staying on a weekend. It is on the lake a really pretty place. Enjoy your trip.
full-timer in training

bluie5
Explorer
Explorer
Weโ€™ve stayed at the Crystal Goldmine outside Kellogg ID a couple times and liked it. Sites are level, blacktop and full hookups. Easy in and out and easy on and off the interstate. They take reservations if you know what days youโ€™ll be there. There are not a lot of sites there though. Kids can pan for gold and you can tour their mine.
2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC PSD SRW 4x4
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK

ohhell10339
Explorer
Explorer
The area just east of Coeur D'Alene, near Fourth of July Pass, is beautiful and usually uncrowded. There's plenty of camping, especially on roads leading north from I-90 into the national forest.

You should also consider campgrounds within or near the city of CDA itself. There's some great places on the lakefront, especially on the east shore (Hwy 3). I can't speak to the quality or amenities offered at full hookup campgrounds since I dry camp, but it's a very popular and beautiful area, so you'll have lots of choices. There are also quite a few campgrounds on Hwy 95 between CDA and Sandpoint.