cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Parking at Living Dessert SP, New Mexico?

jjinatx
Explorer
Explorer
Our route is taking us past Living Desert State Park in New Mexico. We would just like to stop there to see the exhibits, but don't really want to go to a campground, unhook the 5th wheel, and spend the night, as we are a bit pressed for time. Does anyone know if the have a large overflow lot big enough to park a 29' 5th wheel and short bed truck? Thanks.

-jj
Current Rig: 2017 F350 Crew Cab Short Bed 4X4 Powerstroke, 2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS. Dearly Departed: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, 2002 Bigfoot 25C10.6.
7 REPLIES 7

jjinatx
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the tips. Google maps street view was a great idea. I could "drive" around the lot and find my parking spot, especially after I saw the sign that pointed to "RV and Bus Parking".

-jj
Current Rig: 2017 F350 Crew Cab Short Bed 4X4 Powerstroke, 2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS. Dearly Departed: 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, 2002 Bigfoot 25C10.6.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Had to look at Google Maps, needed to see where a Living Dessert was...... LOL.

Was just reading a thread about how bad US 285 was from I-10 north, due to damage by over weight trucks from oil drilling/fracking in the area.

Cannot find the thread now (I think it got political and was canned), but it sounds as if it were an axle breaking, tire blowing, pot hole laden road, with heavy fast trucks on it.

http://krqe.com/2018/01/16/wipp-proposes-route-change-over-highway-285-safety-concerns/

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I was there two years ago, and from what I recall, you should have no problem. We were there off season, and the lot was completely empty. I'm not sure how crowded the park gets, but it was an interesting stop.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
If you go to Google Maps you can easily see the parking lot.

x2 Google Maps, I went to the street view and could follow there route around, actually has directions to RV parking.
The park looks extremely interesting.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to Google Maps you can easily see the parking lot.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Not an overflow lot but a plenty big enough parking lot. You should not have any trouble pulling in and getting out. You can park along the outside curb in the unlikely event the lot is full. I do not think they allow overnight parking.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess a quick telephone call to the facility would get an answer to your question.