cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thanksgiving #38 More of the same Southwest camping

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
What can I say? It is just more of the same-o same-o. I'm out of titles basically, out of descriptions kind of, out of readers slowly and out of puns surely. Too bad I enjoy doing them because I get the chance to relive the trip just by the making of it. You should try it sometime, just for yourself if nothing else.

I'll just say that the descriptions I give on my web page are the trip report. Same-o same-o.

Thanksgiving #38 More of the Southwest, Bears Ears area etc...

30 REPLIES 30

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Dave, it's been far too long. Give me more of the same-o, same-o any day. And may you and Lynn share many more outback Thanksgivings...
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
Aha Phyllis I believe you're right! At least one of us still has their memory, have a great day!

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I've been eagerly waiting for our monthly internet allocation to reset so I could check out your trip report without running over our data limit. I knew there would be LOTS of pictures ๐Ÿ™‚ It was worth the wait! As to the rock you said looked like some cartoon character, it looks like the Mucinex blob to me!
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Woof, I like your name, and kohldad, you folks are the best. #83? LOL, I'll need a body transplant first, probably a face job too.

Alex, Lynn bought me a Canon 80D for Christmas and I love it. Incredible pictures and can focus by touching the articulating screen. So many cool features and not a ton of money. I have a new Tamron 18-400 lens coming so I'll have to go back to all these places...for new pictures!

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
whazoo wrote:
Hello to old and new friends. Just when I post and worry no one I know is left on rvnet you guys never disappoint me, showing up with incredible replies and encouragement, thank you so much. I have gone out again right after Christmas with a new camera, maybe that will give me new feelings about the trip reports themselves, but maybe not. The pictures now all blur into one, or do I need new glasses also.

Thanks again to so many friends here,
Dave Rogers

What kind and model of camera did you get?
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
If you make it to #83, I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at your photos and trip reports. I have them all saved off-line to look at them again and to use as a reference when I get out there.

Hope your have many more Great Thanksgivings.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Camp_woof
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for the trip report! Where you go is amazing. I've rented a TC twice now. Eh, I'll camp on some tame dirt road for a dually and then mtn bike to the nice places.

I really like the shots you show of the obstacles you negotiate. Yeah, I won't be doing those!

The short videos are nice too.

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello to old and new friends. Just when I post and worry no one I know is left on rvnet you guys never disappoint me, showing up with incredible replies and encouragement, thank you so much. I have gone out again right after Christmas with a new camera, maybe that will give me new feelings about the trip reports themselves, but maybe not. The pictures now all blur into one, or do I need new glasses also.

Thanks again to so many friends here,
Dave Rogers

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Dave, I always look toward your wonderful story telling ways and your great photos. It is unfortunate that more areas are being closed off under the name of protectionism, your sadness of this was understood.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know how it happened, but I almost missed this. Yet another great one. Ho-hum.
Sorry about the axle. I've never had a problem with my E-locker not releasing -- maybe because I've never tried to steer while unlocking. Let any pressure off the steering, and it always comes right out -- so far.

I think it's a plan, Dave. By the time we're too old to go out there, there won't be any place left to go.
Cal

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks! That was great! Outside here it is 35 degrees, cloudy & rainy. November weather here since ... November. That trip report really made us longing for a change in scenery ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again,
Janina & Joerg
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
Another masterpiece of a report
signed "Envious"
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

RickW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow-uh, I mean, warm acknowledgements for the ho-hum, same-o same-o TR.
Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4, 04 Sunlite SB

Hey Dave, "SQUIRREL" beautiful pics.