cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

King Canyon to Bass Lake Route 41 or North Fork

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
After visiting King Canyon we will drive to Bass Lake to a campground to visit Yosemite. We have a 30 foot 5er. Should we go by way of North Fork or stay on route 41?

What is the condition of the road from North Fork to Bass Lake?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
2 REPLIES 2

ohhell10339
Explorer
Explorer
North Fork Road, though scenic, is a bit of a goat path. Hwy 41 is much easier to navigate. Also, weather can affect North Fork Road to a much greater extent than Hwy 41.

You do realize you'll be nowhere near Yosemite Valley at Bass Lake, right? It's a good solid 75 minute drive to Yosemite Village from there. You might want to stay at El Portal, inside the park, or in Mariposa (even Oakhurst would be a bit closer).

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
I would go Hwy 41 north of Oakhurst to Bass Lake RD and drop down, South Fork Rd is county maintained diffinetly not a Hwy if anyone with you gets car sick then stick with the 41.