cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Re-purposing Class A front privacy curtain

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2015 Winnebago Vista, being an entry level coach, only came with the old-fashioned pull around privacy curtain for the front windows and windshield. Riding with friends who have a new Forest River Class A, my wife and I saw the huge improvement pull down shades in the front make so we bit the bullet and ordered shades for the two front windows and a power shade unit for the windshield. While we were waiting for it to get here, I went to take down the old curtain and tracks. My wife came up with the idea to try to remount the curtain to provide privacy for the front drop down bunk. I found the track was the perfect length for this application. The part of the track along the side windows was straight and 42" long. By cutting each side off at the 42" point, I ended up with two tracks that would overlap nicely and provide privacy for anyone who sleeps in the bunk. Until DW came up with that idea, I was ready to trash the old curtain. Not only does it serve a purpose, it looks good too!

8 REPLIES 8

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
fred42 wrote:
Nice job.

I am new to class As, I don't have an overhead bunk, but was wondering if this kind of thing, perhaps longer, could give your dash AC a chance of working in the Florida heat? It was something I planned on doing with a class C, but I got a class A.
Yes it will help a lot. I did this with a curtain rod and curtain that goes all the way to the floor. To Gary that is a nice job that looks like a factory install designed for that purpose. Your wife is very creative.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Probably a good idea, Fred! Be better if the curtain went all the way to the floor, though. Are you sure your A/C is working 100%? I have the shop manuals for both the Denso and Evans RV A/Cs. The Denso in my old Fleetwood had an issue with a damper door not closing all the way and consequently the air was not totally cold. Disassembled and got it working right and it was MUCH better. PM me your email and I'll send them both...you can figure out which matches yours. Rockhill, I'm still waiting for the shades (due in 2 days). I'll post pix once I get them in!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
:C:C:C

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job.

I am new to class As, I don't have an overhead bunk, but was wondering if this kind of thing, perhaps longer, could give your dash AC a chance of working in the Florida heat? It was something I planned on doing with a class C, but I got a class A.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Great re purpose!

Do you have pictures of the install of the new pull down shades you bought?

I'd really like to see how those look/work.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

MrWizard
very nicely done
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Nice One !!!
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Very good idea and implementation.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad