cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jay I slide out

giacomo3050
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 jay I Melbourne 24l the slide out when closed is touching at the topi both sides but on the bottom on the outside the right side is about an inch from connecting with the side of the rv. I also have a problem with water leaking from the lights between the visors
5 REPLIES 5

giacomo3050
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I live on the eastern end of Long Island thereโ€™s one rv sales and repairs within one hundred miles every time I call since November heโ€™s always to busy

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Slide outs can be aligned. Sometimes they were not tightened enough when initially assembled and since have misaligned after being driven 14,000 miles. You would think the slide out would drop, but not always.

Another possibility is that if you have a wood floor, it might have been installed after the motor home left Jayco. The additional thickness of the wood floor could force the slide out that much higher. I believe the rollers of the slide out can be adjusted to compensate for the additional thickness of the floor.

I advise to take your rig to someone who knows how to realign it.

As far as water between the visors go. That is unusual. The water could be coming in from high above from the marker lights, or between the chassis roof and RV frontal cap above the cab dome light. If you don't know what to look for, have the repairman look at that too.

One thing certain, you want both fixed right away because water getting inside is a very serious matter. It will do BIG damage, and but quickly. Not just structural, but also mold & mildew.

giacomo3050
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought it. It has 14000 miles doesnโ€™t jerk.just doesnโ€™t come flush on the right side on bottom. If you go in the camper when itโ€™s in the opposite side of the dinette touches the floor and the left side is up about 1/2 inch

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Many possibilities.
Does the slide move smoothly or does it jerk?
Make any noises?
Did it ever work evenly?

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Time for a dealer you trust to check it out.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE