cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacing converter?

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Replacing my outdated Magnetek converter model 6325. Has anybody done this and what did you go with. know about Best just trying to see what others recommend. Also going to replace the fuse board as it's shot anyway. What would the benefits of going to 45amp as apposed to the 25amp I have now.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)
12 REPLIES 12

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Well nine days and still waiting for this. I could have driven 20 miles and bought one if I knew it would take this long. Not impressed at all with Best Converter service. I won't be a repeat customer. I heard how good they were.

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Hear about how good Best converter is but don't agree at all. Placed order 3 days ago and paid with PP. Have yet to get tracking number and have written 2 emails asking what the status is and no reply's to my mails. Not happy with this kind of service. Should have gone with Amazon, it probably would have been here by now. Done with my rant!!!

Well I finally got a call from Randy after 2 emails and a phone call.
They didn't have them in stock so there waiting for them to come then they will ship. Would have been professional for them to have notified me of that. So now the weekend where nothing gets done so by the time it ships it will have been a week since I ordered. Not a happy camper.

MikeJinCO
Explorer
Explorer
We got a year old Mammoth, first thing I did was get rid of the WFCO which didn't want to go over 13.6 and put in a PD. Took all of 15 minutes.

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
Got mine from Bestconverter. Randy is great to work with. Went with a PD model, easy change out.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I made a similar change in a 2002 trailer from Magnatek to Parallax.. It is not that hard to do. Very happy with the update.

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Placed my order to Best this morning for a PD to replace the Magnetek.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
PD is local for me. Not sure if you can buy direct (never did) but stay away from Flea-Bay and deal with a dealer like Best Converter if you cannot buy direct. Basically, all are plug and play or should I say connect the wires and play.

My only experience with Magnatek was in my old / sold Lance and it almost burned the camper down, why I call them a toaster. It literally charred the floor below the transformer.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
I'd just get a PD complete unit with the Charge Wizard and be done with it. Will drop right in the cavity left frogm 6the toaster.

x2

Buy from an authorized dealer. Its worth it. I got one off ebay. It did not Come with PD warranty and was faulty. Long process to return and get $ back. Ended up getting one from local rv shop.
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500
29' Trail Sport
1 Worthless Choco-dog and WAAY worthless Puggle

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my Magnatek with the brand that took it over : Parallax. I have the 55AMP (4455) unit. $209 on the 'net. 2 seasons ago. No problems. Hook up is easy. Pos/neg/chassis ground.

Google it.

tattoobob
Explorer
Explorer
With help from this forum and Randy from Best convertor I replaced mine, Took me about a 30 to 45 minutes I did go up on the amp rating also I think I went from 45 amp to 55 amp. I ended up going with a Boondocker convertor But I had a WFCO

You should email Randy at Best convertor and he should be able to set you up with what you need
2005 Ford F350 SRW 4x4

2000 Lance 1010

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Progressive Dynamics in either a 45 or 65 amp unit.
Great three stage charging - cant go wrong!
Check out Best Converter for information on removing your current unit and installing the PDI. Took me about an hour.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I'd just get a PD complete unit with the Charge Wizard and be done with it. Will drop right in the cavity left from the toaster.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB