cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Victron BMV700 Installaton

smh1040us
Explorer
Explorer
I have one 12 volt battery and I am trying to install the Victron BMV700. My battery has 2 cables attached to the negative terminal and one cable attached to the positive terminal.
My question is do both the negative cables get attached to the shunt and if so which goes to the "battery only" on the shunt and which goes to the "load and charger" side of the shunt?
I thought this was going to be so easy. Probably my second installation will be a snap.
Thanks for any help.
Mark
1998 Born Free
5 REPLIES 5

smh1040us
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses.
I now have it installed correctly.

The problem I was having was understanding that I needed an additional cable to go from the negative terminal on the battery to the shunt.
The directions and you tube video never made that clear to me.
Anyway a trip to the auto supply store for an additional cable was what I needed.

Mark
1998 Born Free

The_ugly_duckli
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed the Victron BNV700 this week. It's easy! Negative from battery to "battery only" side of shunt, nothing else gets attached there. To make things easy, the other side of the shunt goes to a negative block.I used one with 4 screws. All your negative cables get attached to the negative block. Also make sure the negative block is connected to a good ground on the chassis.

That's all it takes.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
smh1040us wrote:
My question is do both the negative cables get attached to the shunt
Yep. To accurately measure current inflow and outflow, ALL the power has to go through the meter.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
You'll add a new negative cable between the battery and the shunt (labeled "battery only").

You'll move the 2 negative cables currently on the battery to the opposite side of the shunt.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
scroll down in this and watch the video it should answer your questions BMV-700 battery monitor