cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My map now up to 660 campsites!

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
For the last 12 years, I've traveled about 6 months a year in my truck camper. Three years ago I created a multi-year campsite map from my yearly maps. Just updated my multi-year map with my 2017 ramblin' and now it's up to 660 campsites!

Most sites are USFS/BLM/NPS/State with very few commercial ones. About 40 are boondocking spots. GPS coordinates are included for all sites along with site descriptions. Click on the link in my signature to see the map. Hope it helps you find a new spot. Every now and then I get email from followers who have.

Good camping in 2018!

Ramblin' on,
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram
9 REPLIES 9

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks for the thumbs up!! It even impresses me when I look at it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, my price info might not be current, as the comments are as of the date I was there (shown after the GPS coordinates).

I'm no youngster, so I'm sure I won't reach 1000. Probably max out at 700 to 750. TBD.

Safe travels to all.

Ralph
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
You do get around some. That map is good work.
Cal

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome job. Thanks.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
rockhillmanor wrote:
Tiger4x4RV wrote:
Where is the Like button?
Thank you, Ralph, for all you do for your fellow ramblers.

X2

X3

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
Great information! You are having quite an adventure! Wishing you good health and fun times! Thanks!
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Worthy goal. Congrats.

A few years ago (when the economy went belly-up and money was scarce), we couldn't (or didn't) want to travel longer distances for camping. We decided, if other folks will travel all over the world to visit Indiana State Parks, there must be some attraction here. So we decided, to save travel fuel, we'd camp at every state park and state recreation area in Indiana run by the DNR. We maintained our pursuit and it took about 5 years to meet the goal. But we finally did. Funny, the very last one to officially meet the goal was Brown County State Park, which is probably the absolute most popular state park in Indiana. We stayed there mid week, off season to do it. It was just a fabulous off season as it was in the middle of the summer.

We're now focusing on Kentucky State Parks, little farther to drive and need more than a 2 day week-ends, but it gives us new destination points to try.

Yea, if we all added up all the different campgrounds we've visited, I think we'd all be a bit surprised at the numbers!

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome project, and the result is fantastic. Bookmarked for future reference.

Minor note: Camping in Muncho Lake PP at the Strawberry Flats campground, price has gone up to $20 per site/per night. Was there September 2016. Some folks have said "BC" means "bring cash" and we found that to be true. Most expensive average fuel prices by province in Canada.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Tiger4x4RV wrote:

X2

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed