cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked Entry Door Panel Replacement?

lordnorth
Explorer
Explorer
Noticed that the inner panel on our entry door is cracking. There are about 5 or 8 horizontal splits where the foam insulation shows through.

The panel that is cracking is that white bumpy plastic material.

I'm looking online to find a way to replace it (without replacing the entire door), but I'm not having any luck finding what I need.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

Tedtoo
Explorer
Explorer
I also have the same problem, only I have cracks about every 1/2" down the inside of the entire door! And two doors with this problem. I found plastic panels at Lowe's that are 1/16" thick and 4' x 8' that are less than $30. As soon as it warms up here in the RGV I am going to take a door off and start the repair. I am a full-timer, so will need to complete the job in one day.

Fireman-dan
Explorer
Explorer
I have the very same thing going on. let me know how you fix it plese
fireman-dan

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I'm curious as to whether you have those new "friction hinges"?
I have them and can see how they could cause that kind of damage.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
If it's just cracked, take the panel off and use clear packing tape to cover the crack and then add a few pieces at rt angles. Usually those panels are smooth on the backside making tape a long term fix.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
lordnorth wrote:
path1 wrote:
As last resort if you can't find replacement and have to make your own...look up "frp paneling". Cut with very fine, most teeth in saw blade as you can get.

Yes! This is exactly what I need. I was thinking that the panel and the insulation were one piece... but now I'm wondering if the panel is just laid over top of the insulation? That is even better than I had hoped if that is the case!

Thanks!

Might be glued down or actually held in place by alum trim that holds door together. Not much to them but doors cost $$$. When cutting I duct tape wet dry vac near blade exhaust. Stuff flys everywhere.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the FRP panel.

I did it on one of my first RV's. Looked great.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

lordnorth
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
As last resort if you can't find replacement and have to make your own...look up "frp paneling". Cut with very fine, most teeth in saw blade as you can get.

Yes! This is exactly what I need. I was thinking that the panel and the insulation were one piece... but now I'm wondering if the panel is just laid over top of the insulation? That is even better than I had hoped if that is the case!

Thanks!

path1
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"