cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air bags and air system

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to head south in a week or so. The coach has been sitting idle since October and I'm wondering if starting it up and letting the air bags and air system charge up in temps near either side of zero will do any damage. Thinking the rubber on the airbags and other seals in the system might not flex and perhaps break. I know trucks etc operate all winter but in this case everything has been totally deflated and collapsed. Thoughts? It's a 2005 HR Ambassador. Thanks.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will not have any problems with the rubber. It's designed for cold temps.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
I wouldn't expect any problems with the air bags.

To me, a bigger question would be when was the last time you had the air drier serviced and drained your air tanks? If it's been a long time you could have frozen water someplace in the system that will cause problems.

Bill

I drained the air tanks just before I put it up in Oct. The spin on cartridge drier was recently replaced. I do have a new replacement that I could install if needed.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn't expect any problems with the air bags.

To me, a bigger question would be when was the last time you had the air drier serviced and drained your air tanks? If it's been a long time you could have frozen water someplace in the system that will cause problems.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.