cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Helena, Montana area campground recommendation

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
I will be leaving Teton/Yellowstone area going to Glacier this coming June. I would like to stay the night somewhere around Helena, MT and would like a full hook-up campground so I can dump and top everything off before heading into Glacier. It does not have to be in Helena, just somewhere within 30 or so miles. Thanks in advance.
2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch
8 REPLIES 8

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
A very sad story--truly tragic. When I saw in the obituary that both died the same day I followed up and discovered the depth of the tragedy. They were killed by their son. These are the bare facts and all that I know at this time.

We stayed at Lincoln Road on our way back to Texas from Banff National Park in Alberta. It was a great overnight. I do hope that the campground will somehow survive this tragedy.

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
That is sad. I hate to hear that. I kinda figured something was up when my phone messages went unanswered as well. I am retired military and saw that Fort Harrison has a small RV park. I may try that one out.
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD

DRKMinWA
Explorer
Explorer
The owners passed away in March. http://helenair.com/news/local/obituaries/taylor-dave-muncie-and-charla-rae/article_0f398c99-e33f-5ad0-9a67-b146fa06a69d.html

The obit of course does not indicate anything about the future of the park.
Rick & Kathy
2014 Econ 16RB
2013 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

Cozmic1
Explorer
Explorer
My understanding is that there's been a tragic misfortune for the owner's of Lincoln RV Park. We were planning to stay there this summer and two phone messages have gone unreturned. Upon doing some research I stumbled upon the news articles. We need a place nearby as we have our daughters wedding the beginning of July. Any other suggestions?
DW, DS, DD and man's best friend
15 RAM 3500, Mega cab, 6L Cummins
15 Jayco 32BHDS TT
97 Lance Squire 3000 TC

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
I also recommend the Lincoln Road campground. In addition to the Grub Stake, there are a number of other food options. The Brehouse micro brewery on US 12 near Carroll College is good; The Windbag Saloon on Last Chance Gulch. And On Broadway (Italian) is great.

mt1729
Explorer
Explorer
The Rv park on Lincoln RD is the only decent park we have in the area. The Grub Steak just off the interstate is one of the best places to eat. Very good food.
Moose

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! Last time I was in Helena I ate a great steak in Marysville. Looks like that campground is a very short drive to the steak house.
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed at the Lincoln Road RV Park on the north side of Helena last summer on our way back from Banff. It was just an overnight for us, but it was exactly what we needed. I'd have no hesitation to stay again at this park.

http://lincolnroadrvpark.net/