cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Mustang Bullit

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
For you gear heads here's the new Mustang Bullit featuring Steve McQueen's granddaughter.

Enjoy...

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
32 REPLIES 32

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
That sure is some nice eye candy... :B

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
It makes a nice Stepping stone from the GT to the GT350.

I'd still rather my GT350 though.

Molly is not hard to look at either!

TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cool find Dodgeguy...

Here's the original car chase.

The Chase Part 1

The Chase Part 2

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Check out this article on the original Bullit!!!

Original Bullit found!!!

Marti inspected it and it the real deal!!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lessmore wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Lessmore wrote:
Nice car, the 2019 Bullit.

Back in '69 I almost bought myself a '67 Mustang that had been sort of Bullitized...Mustang emblem taken out of the grille, etc. It was a Forrest (dark) Green, '67 Mustang fastback with the 289 (4.7 liter) V8 (A Code), 4 barrel...225 hp, top loader 4 speed manual. I would of preferred the 289 K Code (271 hp) but they were as rare as hen's teeth. I know, I know the Mustang in the Bullit movie had the 390 FE V8.

I think the '67 Mustang fastback was one of the nicest looking cars ever stamped out by a factory. The '68 Mustang had the U. S. federally mandated side marker lights, which I felt 'marred' the look of all '68 vehicles. Don't get me started on the look of the 5 mph bumpers. ๐Ÿ˜„

The '67/'68 Mustang fastback and the '65/'66 Mustang Fastback are beautiful cars. I recall a co worker of my mom, had a new '66 Mustang Fastback with the K code 289/4 speed...boy did that thing go, sound great and look great. If it was still around in good condition it would be worth a few bucks now.

So what did I do, instead of buying the 'Bullit' look Mustang back in 1969 ?

I bought a Marina Blue, '67 Camaro RS coupe, 327 cube V8, 4 speed Muncie transmission. I then slapped some red line tires on it and went 'hunting' 390 Mustangs. :B;)

:B I know I was doing so good in this post, then at the end I had to go and spoil things.

I guess that's what happens when you're a Chevy guy.;)

All kidding aside, that 2019 Mustang Bullit would be fine ride...make mine a standard transmission...which I wouldn't mind. I'm assuming it has the Coyote V8 ( has to be a V8 to be a true Bullit, IMO) and has a standard transmission available.

Hey I'm an old Chevy guy myself being with my 1970 Chevelle SS 454 would dust most Mustangs as it was crazy fast. Also had a 1985 Camaro IROC Z and most bash be for being a Blue Oval. But IMO GM was producing the best cars back then IMO.

Earlier this year I was at the Ford dealer having my truck worked on so while waiting, I decided to go take a peek at what's in the showroom. They had the old restored Mustang fastback setting next to a new GT350 and I was amazed how similar the roof shape are. Almost like they came from the same stamping die.

Was your '70 454 an LS6 ?

I had a buddy back in 1970 that had a '70 Chevelle SS 454 with the 450 hp LS6, 4 speed Muncie. I had a couple rides in it, both in heavy traffic...mostly idling along in first gear, once getting into 2nd...and always on snow covered streets. Unfortunately as a result I never experienced the legendary acceleration this car was capable of. Another buddy had a '70 Ford Torino with the 429/370 or 375 hp (significantly under rated by Ford...insurance and drag class reasons) and the Drag Pak option...with if I recall a 4.30 final drive ratio and the 4 speed top loader. He gave me a run in that...all I can say is...wow !!

As said before I'm a Chevy guy, but in many ways I prefer the way Ford has retro'd the new Mustang. They've captured the essence of the mid '60's Mustang, kept it relatively small and light and that Coyote DOHC V8 is quite n engine...kept the 302 cubes capacity as per the older Ford small block of many years ago. Tradition does mean something.

Les

Les,
LS6.... It was very impressive

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Lessmore wrote:

Back in '69 I almost bought myself a '67 Mustang that had been sort of Bullitized...Mustang emblem taken out of the grille, etc. It was a Forrest (dark) Green, '67 Mustang fastback with the 289 (4.7 liter) V8 (A Code), 4 barrel...225 hp, top loader 4 speed manual. I would of preferred the 289 K Code (271 hp) but they were as rare as hen's teeth. I know, I know the Mustang in the Bullit movie had the 390 FE V8.

I think the '67 Mustang fastback was one of the nicest looking cars ever stamped out by a factory. The '68 Mustang had the U. S. federally mandated side marker lights, which I felt 'marred' the look of all '68 vehicles. Don't get me started on the look of the 5 mph bumpers. ๐Ÿ˜„

The '67/'68 Mustang fastback and the '65/'66 Mustang Fastback are beautiful cars. I recall a co worker of my mom, had a new '66 Mustang Fastback with the K code 289/4 speed...boy did that thing go, sound great and look great. If it was still around in good condition it would be worth a few bucks now.

I bought a Marina Blue, '67 Camaro RS coupe, 327 cube V8, 4 speed Muncie transmission. I then slapped some red line tires on it and went 'hunting' 390 Mustangs. :B;)

:B I know I was doing so good in this post, then at the end I had to go and spoil things.

All kidding aside, that 2019 Mustang Bullit would be fine ride...make mine a standard transmission...which I wouldn't mind. I'm assuming it has the Coyote V8 ( has to be a V8 to be a true Bullit, IMO) and has a standard transmission available.

Your RS Camaro most likely looked a lot like my debadged 67 SS350 Camaro. Chris

Almost exactly. I had redline tires and Rallye wheels. It's one of the cars I've had in the past that I miss.

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Lessmore wrote:

Hey I'm an old Chevy guy myself being with my 1970 Chevelle SS 454 would dust most Mustangs as it was crazy fast. Also had a 1985 Camaro IROC Z and most bash be for being a Blue Oval. But IMO GM was producing the best cars back then IMO.

Earlier this year I was at the Ford dealer having my truck worked on so while waiting, I decided to go take a peek at what's in the showroom. They had the old restored Mustang fastback setting next to a new GT350 and I was amazed how similar the roof shape are. Almost like they came from the same stamping die.

Was your '70 454 an LS6 ?

I had a buddy back in 1970 that had a '70 Chevelle SS 454 with the 450 hp LS6, 4 speed Muncie. I had a couple rides in it, both in heavy traffic...mostly idling along in first gear, once getting into 2nd...and always on snow covered streets. Unfortunately as a result I never experienced the legendary acceleration this car was capable of. Another buddy had a '70 Ford Torino with the 429/370 or 375 hp (significantly under rated by Ford...insurance and drag class reasons) and the Drag Pak option...with if I recall a 4.30 final drive ratio and the 4 speed top loader. He gave me a run in that...all I can say is...wow !!

As said before I'm a Chevy guy, but in many ways I prefer the way Ford has retro'd the new Mustang. They've captured the essence of the mid '60's Mustang, kept it relatively small and light and that Coyote DOHC V8 is quite n engine...kept the 302 cubes capacity as per the older Ford small block of many years ago. Tradition does mean something.

Les

PDX_Zs
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Some nice old cars here.

I had a โ€˜69 Chevelle about 15 years ago. I did a light resto.mod on it. Modern brakes, Hotchkiss arms, 17โ€ tires and wheels. It also got a 383 tied to a four speed auto, and a 12.bolt.

Nice car. Looked great. Sounded great.

No fun to drive compared to a modern car, and it attracted weird middle aged guys. Like me.

Since I always need another project, I am seriously looking at a 2011+ Mustang. 6 cylinder. Secretary special. And adding GT running gear and a supercharger. Quick math says under 20Gs and itโ€™s an amazing street and track car.

Keep you all posted. ๐Ÿ™‚

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
b17drvr wrote:
Lessmore wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Thanks. Nice to see they are keeping the Bullit name alive. And that they used an actual Mopar in the ad.

And the VW Beetle that kept on showing up over and over again in the Bullit chase.

:B

The Bullitt is only available with a 6 speed manual transmission. It will have at least 475 hp on the 5.0 V8. Final numbers are not out yet.
A nice tribute for the 50th Anniversary of the film.

475 hp on a naturally aspirated 302 cu. engine is very impressive.

b17drvr
Explorer
Explorer
Lessmore wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Thanks. Nice to see they are keeping the Bullit name alive. And that they used an actual Mopar in the ad.

And the VW Beetle that kept on showing up over and over again in the Bullit chase.

:B

The Bullitt is only available with a 6 speed manual transmission. It will have at least 475 hp on the 5.0 V8. Final numbers are not out yet.
A nice tribute for the 50th Anniversary of the film.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lessmore wrote:

Your RS Camaro most likely looked a lot like my debadged 67 SS350 Camaro. Chris

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lessmore wrote:

danrclem
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
I was at the Press Preview. I got to see IT and HER in person. Both pretty cool.

Awesome! I'd rather see the original than the new one. The new one will be in showrooms but the original is one of a kind as we all know.

I'd like to go see the original but it would be about 375 miles one way. Maybe it'll be on display near me sometime in the future.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
dodge guy wrote:

They used a Charger in the add because in the original movie the same Dodge Charger was chasing the Mustang. This latest video had several components to the original movie.