cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Crazy Question?

Ms_B_Haven
Explorer
Explorer
In your opinion, would it be possible to remove a twin bed out of a B and put in a small recliner? I would like to downsize from my C to a B, but I hate to give up my recliner. In my C I removed the loveseat and put in a small recliner.

Thanks
Margie
2013 Thor Citation, 2 slides, Mercedes Benz diesel
Annie, Maggie & Buddy (Chihuahuas)
12 REPLIES 12

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
there is always something under the bed in a 'B'. water tanks,water heater,storage cabinets,wheel wells and many other things as they try to use all the space available. if you buy a used B the front seats could be replaced with comfortable ones there are a lot of them available to choose from.

Ms_B_Haven
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I hope to go to the Tampa RV Show this week. No plans (or money) to buy a new B, but it will give me an idea of the wheel well issue. I have had a B in the past and the swivel passenger seat just wasnโ€™t comfortable.

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
In my Roadtrek the front seats swivel and recline. In that position a footstool might help make a decent "recliner". The wheel wells in the RT would certainly get in the way of a rear recliner...
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Might look at Sportsmobile rv, in the SEATS section.
Ray

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Good point. We are having the two seat sofa bed removed from our B for space and all it contains is a speaker. In my former class A I took out a sofa and put in a recliner. Trust me, it's much easier to move furniture in and out of a class B than a DP!

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Bs are cool right now but in addition to your recliner, or lots expense/time to install your recliner, what else are you giving up...propane, fresh and holding tank capacity? Fridge space? Windows? Potty and shower space? Bed size? Etc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go take a look at a B you are interested in and look at what is stored under the beds. It may change your mind on that B.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
If you haven't selected a class B yet, then maybe there are some out there that have a recliner type bed option? The class C View/Navion 24V has a pair of adjustable head support twin beds, so maybe someone (Winnebago ERA?) has something "off the shelf" that would work. Then there are the custom builders, like Sportsmobile, that would do the install for you.
Would a Ram Promaster based B help with the wheel well issue that was mentioned?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Ms"B"Haven wrote:
Iโ€™m not handy, but hubby removed the loveseat and put in a base for the recliner in the C. Just hoping a B would have a space for a recliner. Guess best thing to do is look at different Bโ€™s that could be modified.
If you are talking about an off-the-shelf recliner, the wheel wells on Class B's would probably be the biggest problem. There are some new Class B's that have twin beds that are motorized and switch from bed to (sort of) a recliner. But the ones I have seen are on pretty pricey Class Bs.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

Ms_B_Haven
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m not handy, but hubby removed the loveseat and put in a base for the recliner in the C. Just hoping a B would have a space for a recliner. Guess best thing to do is look at different Bโ€™s that could be modified.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're handy, probably. I once removed two twins from a C and put in a queen. Took a bit of cabinetry skills.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
if you got the room ? go for it, just save the old stuff for when you want to sell the rv.