cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Headed out for more winter fun...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leaving Tucson Wednesday bound for the Lake Havasu Balloon Festival in our 24' Nexus Class C towing my Harley Super Glide. We have reservations {make them early folks} at the dry campground out on the peninsula adjacent the Festival. Our 5 days stay, including wristbands to get into the festival and the free shuttle cost $140. It's 300 easy flat {mostly boring} miles to Havasu but then the fun really begins.

Thursday we will ride the bike up I-40 to Kingman and then down old Route 66 to Oatman {to visit all of our Burro buddies} and of course on to Laughlin {Cha Ching!} before returning to camp. Havasu to Parker and back up 95 is another nice ride we intend to enjoy as well.

Sunday after 5 days of motorcycle and balloon fun we will head back down the road to the big RV show in Quartzsite. This will be our 6th year in a row and we always have a blast. Two days and nights are usually enough so we will probably start working our way home on Tuesday/Wednesday. The weather looks to be mild, mid 60's with the nights down in the lower 50's with no rain in the extended forecast.

It will be a full 8 days off the grid and that works just fine with our coach. I topped up the batteries and changed the oil and filters in the generator this week. Just need to add propane, fuel, and water then off we go.

:B
1 REPLY 1

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your trip. It's 12 degrees in south central Pennsylvania. ๐Ÿ˜ž