Driving To The Rubber Tramp Rendezvous RTR And First Day

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
01/11/2018
Rubber Tramp Rendezvous
VIDEO >>> The Drive To RTR And First Day <<< VIDEO
Plenty of short video segments

I left my jobsite in Hood River Oregon and headed on down to Quartzsite Arizona. The drive took three eight hour days in mostly bad weather. Snow, fog, and rain with wind. I spent one night in Twin Falls Wal-Mart, then a night at my brothers in Las Vegas, finally reaching the event the third day. I spent roughly 300.00 on gas and averaged 8.5 MPG US. Currently am enjoying about 70 degrees with blue skies. Went to a seminar on solar power yesterday and on work camping seminar this AM. Lots of friendly people. It's funny but a lot of people I meet here are X Law Enforcement. The older ones that is. I'll put together another video as I find more interesting things and people. Take care,,,

~~~~~ BEGIN ~~~~~
8 REPLIES 8

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Old_man

Calm down. Calm down. No I'm not Bob. I doubt that Bob cares enough to be in here incognito and don't ever call me Bob again. ??

Old_Man
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:

Your settings only allow messages from buddies.

Are you Bob Wells? If you are, whatever you need to say to me, you can say it here.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Rustofer wrote:
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli, thanks for the post. I'd not heard of the RTR before; I found your road trip and links entertaining and informative.

Regards,
Russ

Thanks Russ,
I have another video uploading now, I'll post in a while. Nothing special. Just a look around and some night photography of the stars.

Take care, J&K

Rustofer
Explorer
Explorer
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli, thanks for the post. I'd not heard of the RTR before; I found your road trip and links entertaining and informative.

Regards,
Russ

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Old_Man wrote:
Too Bad Bob Wells banned me from his forum for no stated reason. I don't even know WTH I did...

Your settings only allow messages from buddies.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Old_Man wrote:
Too Bad Bob Wells banned me from his forum for no stated reason. I don't even know WTH I did...

He's a good speaker. Seems a smart guy. I wouldn't let it bother you what he does. Three retired law enforcement ladies next to me were mad at him about not taking pictures with or of him today. I'd be tired of it too if constantly asked. The ladies word for him was prima donna.

Old_Man
Explorer
Explorer

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Ex-law enforcement are RVers? Surprise, surprise. Sometimes I’m the only non-ex-cop in the CG. Then I fly my US Army flag and I’m allowed to stay.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad