cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun New TC Vlog/Channel

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Been watching this dude for a couple weeks now. Fun and upbeat perspective on fulltiming in a TC, in Canada. He's got pretty good editing skills. Keeps you engaged and stays on topic with relevant content.

"Truck Camper Paradise"
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's
11 REPLIES 11

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Not meaning to rain on his parade, and the Canadian government didn't seem to discourage this back then but it isn't as if people could do this without either A: lots of money saved up from working months B: the dole paying the bills during non-working months or C: some combination of the two.

It seems to be like our unemployment?..Don't know about there system but every year I got layed off because of weather and drew unemployment for the winter months we could notwork..I usually found other work in the winter but not always, which gave me the opportunity to fish more or do whatever I wanted, like Taylor is doing. One of the perks I enjoyed working in the mountains..The Forest Service worked the same way with seasonal people.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer
He's done some nice videos but I must admit, having lived 20 years in Canada, that I am betting he's collecting UI in the winter months which I'm not a fan of. In Canada it used to be that you had to work 20 weeks before collecting a years worth of UI, then 10 weeks after the first year. Too many took advantage of that so they changed it to 20 weeks and 20 weeks. I last left in 1995 so maybe things have changed but at least back then it wasn't uncommon for someone to work 5 months and take 7 months off doing basically what he's doing (or variations on the theme).

Not meaning to rain on his parade, and the Canadian government didn't seem to discourage this back then but it isn't as if people could do this without either A: lots of money saved up from working months B: the dole paying the bills during non-working months or C: some combination of the two.
2019 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW PS6.7
2019 AF990

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy watching his video's once in a while also.He first started doing it with a longer travel trailer(Outdoors RV) and found as most of us have, it limited the places he could go.When I did the same,I had an 18ft S/C trailer I could get almost anywhere.I preferred the trailer to the truck camper for room and the pickup bed for all my chain saws and work gear for the months I worked logging.

Now that I am not working, something like his AF-990 would be perfect for full time camping/living.Having chose the lifestyle I did years ago I have lived full time in just about every RV out there but I always come back to the pickup camper.

So yes,I really enjoy this young mans video's and have a new love for that AF-990.He would make a great salesman if he ever gave up on the tour bus.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
I have been watching him too for a couple of months now. Enjoy his videos. Most would like to do what he is doing.

csh_2088
Explorer
Explorer
I like his videos and he seems like a nice guy but his video on his monthly expenses makes me wonder if he really thought this through. I do wish him all the luck in the world with his decision to full time in a truck camper.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Awesome videos... he beat me to the Youtube Channel Vlog idea by a few months.

Here's mine
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I kick myself for not doing what he's doing when I had the chance during 2012, 2013, 2014 and most of 2015 while I was mostly self employed. I should have packed up my interweb business and hit the road.

I sort of did on two occasions in 2012 when I went to Arizona for about 2-2.5 weeks (Overland Expo) then about 3 weeks in July/August when I had fun camping with friends and also attended NW Overland Rally.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
Taylor drives a tour bus during the summer months on Vancouver Island where he basically lives. He stays close to Victoria (relatively speaking) as he picks up the occasional driving gig now and then in winter.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
He seems like a pretty nice guy. Had a couple exchanges with him.

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about quitting his job. I believe he said he drives seasonally for a living according to another video. He's in his mid 20's. So I'm cuttin' him some slack. He's done more than I ever did at his age, including owning a home.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I like his videos. Sold his house, quit his job and now travels around USA and Canada PNW?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed